Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busiest day by posts ever: April 09th, 2003

Options
  • 13-04-2003 11:42pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

And the records keep tumbling...

/me goes to look for more..

DeV.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

probably not surprisingly but the day before (April 08th, 2003) holds the record for the most new threads started ever in a day(244).

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

how many posts by how many posters?!

more numbers!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There were 2001 posts on the 9th, I cant tell how many users posted that day (I need interactive access to the test database in Spin to work that out... queries like that flatten the DB).

We get about 1500 distinct users logging in a day. We cant distinguish guests from each other and shared corporate IPs and dynamic dialup ips make a mess out of session statistics.

We get about 5-6000 unique logins ever quarter.

Saturday and Sunday are about half as busy as the weekdays. (slackers!)

DeV.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Mmm, :/ i post at the weeksend, a lot more than during the week...

Can you tell who made the most posts on 9th of April?

there were two THOUSAND posts that day.
    no-one that matters has more then 10 posts per day on average so I dont think the top poster that day much matters. Anyway I dont want to encourage people to be the number 1 poster for a day... quality counts...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by DeVore
    quality counts...

DeV.

Heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 freedomF

We the BLP rejoice in this news.

It is indeed a sign of things to come. When we have been given our Admin access rights we will instigate events that will see a doubling of posts and membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Originally posted by DeVore
    Busiest day by posts ever: April 09th, 2003

Of course it was, T'was the day I turned 21 :)

Some more stats. woot. :)
    Yesterdays stats. (Most pages served ever as it happens).

Successful requests: 901,920
    Average successful requests per day: 901,919
    Successful requests for pages: 72,172 (1.8 million per avg month)
    Average successful requests for pages per day: 72,171
    Failed requests: 763
    Redirected requests: 6,571
    Distinct files requested: 87,794
    Distinct hosts served: 3,483
    Corrupt logfile lines: 60,162
    Data transferred: 1.905 gigabytes
    Average data transferred per day: 1.905 gigabytes

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Yes ladies, 1.905 gigs of TEXT. Interspersed with the occasional image of course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It might even be 1.905 Gigs of Text after zlib compression ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I wonder how much of that 1.9 gigs are made up by cults sig image :p.

1.8 million pages a month jaysus fair play to ye lads. This site runs so smooth under that amount of traffic really is a credit to ye.

Yes its 1.9 gigs after compression. Mostly text.

(though Cult is about to get a slap on the head from me for his sig... though to be fair its one of the nicer ones out there...)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Courtesy of www.modtheater.com these things seemingly take a while to get working right (the people who install them should know how ,im not one of them so dont ask me )
      Top Posters for TMT Forums Ever kdjac 4656 General Death 3588 Balr14 2478 FlipSide 2102 TheStorm 1697 Lay-Zee 1435 WarCry 1202 scorpio Midget 1122 jv_map 1097 tritone 1023 This Month Balr14 279 General Death 226 kdjac 186 tritone 162 Sawed_Off 125 GODSMACK 109 uber_soldat 108 {UD} Spiff 104 tltrude 98 c00ki3 m0nst3r 89 Last 24 Hours 340Duster 11 Ghost Dog 10 General Death 9 Oddball_woof 9 TheStorm 8 T.Hunter 8 Balr14 8 kdjac 7 Dagroov 5 {UD} Spiff 5
      Top Viewed Pacific Mod... New Weapons !!! Pacific Mod... Fg 42 BattleField 1942 Map Editor Alpha 1 TMT Story thread ... One last try at salvaging this game... Sig Test/Introduce Yourself New FLYABLE Planes !!! Flame Away.... even more! Top Replied TMT Story thread ... Sig Test/Introduce Yourself Pacific Mod... Pacific Mod... Fg 42 Milkshape 3D -> SKB / SKD exporter ! Milkshape 3D -> SKB / SKD exporter ! Sig Test | Introduce Yourself New Weapons !!! AA.frikkin Dutch ppl with clogs BRING IT !!! Top Forums MOH :: Mapping Off Topic MOH :: Allied Assault MOH :: Skinning & Scripting MOH :: Spearhead MOH :: Modelling News BF :: General Discussion Staff Discussion General Discussion

Yes im a stat whore there are more we got em from one of those hack sites who make these things.

Damn we peaked at 14 million requests for the month me thought it was good :(
    Kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement