Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Via €54???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Idea! Ring Via and ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

<sarcasm>intelligent answer, thank you for that most valuable piece of information.</end sarcasm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by talla
    <sarcasm>intelligent answer, thank you for that most valuable piece of information.</end sarcasm)
    Yeah, like they'd know! huh huh huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Personally, as a rule I will not deal with sales people until I have as much information as possible. They will will always bend the truth etc etc. I am intrested in VIA's product but would like some clearer information first.(instead of someone just continuously pimping VIA, sorry sloth :) ) A user posted the information on saturday regarding the €54 for an uncapped DSL product. I would have replied to the particular thread to find out more but the thread was locked by a mod. That is why I posted the thread, not out of laziness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

yes i too heard the same thing from STaN, when he was ruining my happyness of getting ISDN (within 10mins from now as it happens)

ba$tard ::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

does this VIA company have a website or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

http://www.vianetworks.ie/

Bizarre, they rebrand the company, something that's been planned for months, and they don't have a website ready. Irish telcos rock.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Damian

I just called Via sales to order. The sales gimp was all keen on selling my 512K uncaped for EUR 54. THat is until he asked for my company name. When I told him that it was for home use, he informed me that they were only selling to corporates.

WTF!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Netsource is the new name for VIA Net.Works Ireland and the site can be found at http://www.netsource.ie/

Pity they don't have anything on it yet! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Damian
    I just called Via sales to order. The sales gimp was all keen on selling my 512K uncaped for EUR 54. THat is until he asked for my company name. When I told him that it was for home use, he informed me that they were only selling to corporates.
    Just say you work for Sloth Ltd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

would they look for a company number. ie vat number or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

Just off the phone with a very helpful Nicola from via

Me : How much is the radsl service you are now providing

Her: €63 exclusive of vat

Me: Not sure if this is rumour or not but i heard of a service that is only €54? Is this true?

Her: Have you got a domain name registered with us?

Me : No

Her: Well we only provide that service to existing customers with a domain name registered with us

Me : Ok how much is a domain name?

Her: €10.58

Me: Ok i'd like to order a domain name for €10 and then go on the €54 euro service !!!!

Can you believe this!
    Needless to say she would not let me order then and there on the spot. How ridiculous is this situation, pay €10 once and then drop down from ~€75 to €54 every month!!

Come on Via , just sell the service for €54!!!
    You'll get a lot more uptake!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

tee hee hee :D

Nice one!

She is however getting back to me today on it..

Should i just order the domain name anyway? and then ring up again and when they ask am I an existing customer i can reply yes i'd like your €54 service please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

thought the via offerinf was to good to be true, oh well back to eircon or eshat

shin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

That's a good bargain for a domain name p2p, it wouldn't be far off cost for Via right now. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Here are the DOCS that every1 has been PMing me for.

The order form www.r4ge.com/DSL Home Order Form3.doc

The terms and conditions www.r4ge.com/DSL terms and conditions 2003.doc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Stan thats super. Thanks a lot. So VIA applies to the people whp have passed the Eircom test already ye?

So if i passed, all i do is fill in the form and send it off just like that???

Cheers,
    Andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭DSLinAbsentia

<humour type="comparison">

<compare>
    1 x Eircon DSL connection: 54.45 per/mth
    1 x Self Install: 99.00 one off
    </compare>

<with>
    16 x pints of the black stuff: 54.40 per/mth (4 per week)
    4 x taxi's on friday night: 80.00 per/mth
    </with>

</humour>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

so you are telling me for EUR 54 per month you get RADSL, no cap, fixed IP address and only a twp month contract!!!

Watch out VIA be ready for massive demand (In the last two working days I've had 4 people asking me about Eircom DSL, I'd be happy to send them Via's way, plus I'm sure there will be many more).

Could anyone from Via please clarify what is the situation with this product:

1) Do you need to be a business to get it (VAT registered etc.)
    2) Do you need to get a domain name from you first or something?

Hurry on, I've many potential customers waiting on your answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

The only bad thing about the 2 month contract could be if they think that your going haywire with the service and cut you off after 2 months?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by STaN
    The only bad thing about the 2 month contract could be if they think that your going haywire with the service and cut you off after 2 months?

In fact according to the T&Cs they could cut you off before the two months (this would be also true for Eircom). They maintain the right to cut you off at any time. But that is okay, it is normal for this type of contract. I just hope they plan on giving people warnings first (learn from Esats mistakes).

Not that I would actually often go over 4 or 5 GB per month, I just like to have a true DSL product equivalent to the UK, and have the ability to peak once in a while (once a year for Suse ;).

Plus by supporting Via you will be putting real pressure on Eircom and Esat to compete :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

I just hope this applies to the residential sector too.

Hold on, is the 54 a month with VIA for 512kbps or 256kbps???

Some official responses would be helpful...

thanks,
    :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Originally posted by bk

Watch out VIA be ready for massive demand (In the last two working days I've had 4 people asking me about Eircom DSL, I'd be happy to send them Via's way, plus I'm sure there will be many more).

Let's get real - there will no massive demand for ANY of the broadband services in Ireland.

The vast majority of Irish people have no clue what to use DSL for and/or why should get it. And not having had any flat rate in this coutry ensures that the take up will imho be very slow.

I would love to be wrong.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Right, have a mail here from someone in sales. You have to get a domain name with it, so it works out at €55 a month ex VAT.

Here is the mail :

Hi *****,

***** please find attached an order form for the Rate adaptive package.
    Netscource request that you register a domain name with us to avail of the
    Rate Adaptive service. This comes with 1 additional email which will be at
    netsource, not at the domain name.

When completing the order form, it is necessary to tick the part that says
    domain name, so the monthly charge is 55 euro (ex VAT)

Kind Regards

**edit**
    just noticed that the form i got was a Business form and the form Stan has is a home form. The domain name thing might just be for business users then.... sorry for making this even more confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Eircom's i-stream is "Business", but they never stopped any residential people buying it. I don't see why Via would be any different.

Also, do Via allow you to run a webserver from their DSL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

This looks very good indeed.

Always conscious of getting my fingers burned alá SNL [Especially with the 2 year anniversary approaching:p]

But I may well take a punt on this if they say its available immediatley :)

Good Work Stan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Let's get real - there will no massive demand for ANY of the broadband services in Ireland.

Its undeniable that damage has been done. The general population's perception of what the Internet is and how it can be used in Ireland has been damaged and skewed through Eircom's actions. But with unmetered access almost a reality with flat rate dial up available after the 25th of June, an important catalyst will have been released. Judging by other countries experience after metered access was smashed things will improve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

is the domain name a .ie domain .com or .netsource.com one?

Advertisement