Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Via €54???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

I can't say I know much about the cheaper package as I'm going for the one with the lower contention ratio. Isn't this a bit like that weird loophole with Eircom where one product costs the same as the other but one has a higher cap?
    With regards to it just being available to businesses I have no idea where that came from and it was never mentioned the numerous times I rang them up, probably just a dumbass sales person again. -Sloth Ltd (in no way a wholly owned subsidiary of Via)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭paddyman

if i subscribe to via for thier 2 month minium contract,
    can i just switch if UTV bring out a better package without any extra charges since im already connected to DSL.
    :)

Yeah thats something I'm not sure about either, I mean you have to pay for the modem but does it still remain the property of Via? The thing is though since the initial cost is the most expensive thing in the short term flipping around all the different broadband providers just to see what they're like could end up being rather pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

They will provide a .ie if you mention thats what you
    want on the order form ..

Odd. The order form I have for the SoHo package doesn't mention that at all, does that mean I automatically get it as the SoHo package is mainly for business users?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Originally posted by Sloth
    Yeah thats something I'm not sure about either, I mean you have to pay for the modem but does it still remain the property of Via? The thing is though since the initial cost is the most expensive thing in the short term flipping around all the different broadband providers just to see what they're like could end up being rather pricey.
    Er, I think that's incorrect, you don';t have to pay for the modem, you can provide yoiur own according to comreg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

ahhhhhh this is too complicated. Im just gonna order eircom i stream instead. I dont know...just seems easier. plus i got my own modem anyway!

oh what the hell am i doing!?

**** it. Im ordering now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

If you pay for the modem YOU own it.

If you fill out the form i posted and send it or fax it in you will be signed up for the service.

I have the signup for :

1. The RADSL (256k-512k) with 1 domain + 5 POP3 = €55+VAT
    2. The RADSL (256k-512k) with nothing = €45+VAT

Just ring up and ask for RADSL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

finally got information back from VIA regarding the €54 product. The information that has been posted here is incorrect. For the RADSL product to be €45 euro a month you have to have a domain name registered with them(which has been posted here). However, it is not a onco of payment of €10 to register the domain name with them. Its €10 a month(ex vat) to register a domain name. So the actaual cost of VIA package is €55 a month(ex vat) for 512k uncapped. The reason they use for you to register a domain name with them is that they are a business ISP. See email below.

Hi xxxxx,
    Thank you for your email, please find attached details of the services that we offer. Netsource is a business ISP, therefore we require you do register a Domain name with us.

Soho (Rate Adaptive service )

512K/128K (RA)

Fixed IP address

No Download Limit

Self Install Option.

2 month Contract.

45 Euro PM

If you do not have a domain name registered with us, you will to register one- 55 Euro PM

Kind Regards,
    Nicola Ryan,

Netsource

Ph: 01 4336032
    Fax: 01 4336075

Original Message
    Sent: 14 April 2003 11:41
    To: solutions@vianetworks.ie
    Subject: RADSL

Hi,

Im interested in the Residential RADSL product that has been discussed in the Ireland Offline forum. It has been said that there are 2 Residential RADSL products. It has been said that there are 2 products 1 which includes 5 Pop3 email accounts, domain name, static IP, 2 month contract, no download cap for €63 a month(ex vat), and another product without the email accounts and domain name for €54(inc. vat). Can you confirm that this is true and if not what are the exact details of the products for sale?

Regards,

xxxx

I have the signup for :

1. The RADSL (256k-512k) with 1 domain + 5 POP3 = €55+VAT
    2. The RADSL (256k-512k) with nothing = €45+VAT

The 2nd option is no longer available
    You have to buy a domain name ( comes with 1 free pop account)

Cost ends up at E66.66

Still v. good - no cap etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Well i plan on sending in the form. I will post the result

I sent in the form last night but I'm not sure when exactly I'll be able to have the engineer come around since I'm away all next week. Anyone know how long it normally takes from the time they receive payment to the actual day the engineer comes out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

They offer a 4-port DSL router with the connection for just e479.00 plus VAT!

good deal or what!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Balfa

good deal or what!

not really.

Btw for those getting confused by sloth, after some reading and allot od deduction, hes not getting the radsl service, but another adsl service for 106 euro ex vat.

Originally posted by Boston
    not really.

Btw for those getting confused by sloth, after some reading and allot od deduction, hes not getting the radsl service, but another adsl service for 106 euro ex vat.

Hey you asked me to post on this thread ;)
    And anyhow I quite clearly said a few posts back:
    I can't say I know much about the cheaper package as I'm going for the one with the lower contention ratio.

as well as dropping the odd hint here and there that I was getting the SoHo package. If at this stage they were still confused well then they deserved to be.

good deal or what!

Nope you can get a netgear
    adsl modem/4 port router/firewall which is also wireless
    here for only €289 including delivery from uk to ireland.

(Unless of course you were being sarcastic ) :)

Yeah, I couldn't figure out whether or not he was being sarcastic or not but then sarcasm is next to impossible to pull off using text unless your one of those people who puts [sarcasm] around everything.
    Thing is though I mean it says that anything but their products aren't supported by tech support so if you decide to go for anything except for their modem/router then your pretty much stuck out there on your own.

Who needs support.
    Bit of googling = you have all the support you need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Originally posted by p2p
    Who needs support.
    Bit of googling = you have all the support you need

Indeed. But how can I Google if I've just banjaxed my computer?

Very simple
    Keep a dial up account on your pc

• Advertisement

Yeah but it's so much easier if you just have the tech support guy on the other side of the line guiding you through how to fix something that they deal with all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

I cancelled my order with Eircom today because they're a shower of tits, I rang three times and each of them gave me different information.

I put through the order form with via today and they were very professional about it getting back to me via email twice confirming my questions. The whole ISDN - DSL changeover is in a mess at the moment thanks to eircom but VIA sorted me out with all the info I needed - a customer authorisation form that is sent to eircom informing them they have to downgrade and if it doesn't work upgrade again.

The whole needing to have a domain name is just bizarre though, it's money in the bank for them and useless to me. But the 2 month contract, the no cap, and other stuff like the static ip sold it for me in that exact order.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yeah but it's so much easier if you just have the tech support guy on the other side of the line guiding you through how to fix something that they deal with all day.

ROFLOL you have obviously never used tech support before.

Google really is all the tech support you ever need.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by m1ke
    I put through the order form with via today and they were very professional about it getting back to me via email twice confirming my questions.

m1ke let us know how it goes, how long it takes to get it, pings etc.

BTW Are you getting Engineer install or self install?

Cheers,
    Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Does anyone know for sure if Via is available outside of Dublin?

I rang them last week and they said
    "not at the moment"
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

any one actually ahve the via product installed and running yet..?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

Sarcastic or not, I still think the Actiontec is the biz. Even with the extra '£20 to deliver to Eire', it works out at £152, about €225-230.
    Modem, Router, Wireless, Firewall, Nat, Dhcp....
    And no, I don't work for Actiontec or Dabs.

BTW, Via aren't the only ones who would support you own modem - the 2E's won't either. VIA just make a point of saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

screw this waiting, 2 month contract length, no cap and i've been waiting 4 working days to get any response form eircom about my order, and still waiting despite ringing up every couple of hours. I'm going with VIA too.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

I'm going with via too. Told em to forget about the €10 domain charge and just charge me €55 for broadband. Don't need the hassle of a domain name I'm not gonna use.

• Advertisement

I ring them up Tuesday to arrange for an install date. Thank god I'm in the twilight days of the 56k.

Advertisement