Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how good was seaman's save?

• 14-04-2003 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

astounding, especially for a 39-year-old. even comes close to gordon banks's no 1 save-of-all-time (copyright).

btw, what was the name of that nutjob colombian keeper with the perm who performed that ridiculous, uncalled for (but delightful) piece of gymnastics to keep the ball out of the net against england at wembley a few years back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Rene Higuita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Scorpion Kick I think it was called. I think seaman's is certainly the second best save of all time after Bank's and before Schmeichel's.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

Yeah I was happy for the old b*stard, it was a super save.

he has got a lot of stick over the years (not least for his dodgy haircuts) and to pull off a save like that in his thousanth game was great for him.

In fairness if AFC win a trophy I think he should retire at the top (like adams).

great servant but time to let taylor (or others) have a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

It Wasnt Anything great just a crap bit of finishing from (insert name here) who with an open goal and a keeper off balance heads it back towards the keeper instead of into the far corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

Sposs thats a bit harsh, i will admit that peshisolido didnt whack it but seaman is an old man and he did well. he probably has a dislocated spine after it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I thought when I saw it first it was the best save ever ... not sure now, but he reminded me of a cat the way he moved and just did enough to pluck the ball back - great instincts / reactions esp. for 39 year old with p0rn hair.

He's gone up in my estimation , however peschisolido should have put more on the header...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Good save, rubbish header, although i'm sure Peschisolido thought it was in. Seaman's probly at home watching that save over and over, thinking ... I am still great ...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Space_Coyote
    Good save, rubbish header, although i'm sure Peschisolido thought it was in. Seaman's probly at home watching that save over and over, thinking ... I am still great ...
    And with good reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Twas a great save from the old fogey. Still needs a haircut though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

im not a great seaman fan but that save omg its up there with the best of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 kaos

You're right its up there among the best,but I do recall him making a better save against Scotland in Euro 96,Ian Durie I think it was with a glancing header that Seaman managed to push past the post.

Advertisement