Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Frames

• 14-04-2003 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Any1 get tickets for The Frames this thursday. I DID! Savage! ?I usually go for slightly heavier stuff but i really like these guys. Its a once off thing so should be good! Plus Vicar st is a deadly venue.

PS. Ive noticed from downloading Frames tracks that they are sometimes call The Frames DC? Was this their name or what? Im baffled by it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

As far as i know, there was a band already called the frames so they used to be called the frames dc. the 'dc' part stood for dublin city....or so ive been told anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

I didn't get tickets, I'm very sad....
    been a fan for years, love their stuff.
    Actually was out getting a sandwich today and the girl serving me was wearing a black tshirt with
    "lay me down, in the hollowed ground" written on it, class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭reigninblood

Unlucky with the tickets. So does the DC stand for Dublin city definitely. And what is the deal with RTE loving the Frames. I happenned to be on the RTE website just looking at the news and the Frames last two gigs being announced were on their main headlines section. Thats the only way i got tickets cos i got my girlfrined to get to ticketmaster straight away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i heard the tickets sold out in10 minutes online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭reigninblood

Not that quick. Friend of mine got tickets a couple of hours after over the phone with a credit card. Probably sold out same day id say though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I think there are still people trying to sell tickets on the fansite... www.theframes.ie

That's how I got mine... :D yay!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Man, ive been a fan for a year or two now, and i still havent had the chance to see them, the last time they played a string of gigs, i was short on cash because i was going to see the Foos, and now im out of cash again!!!

bollox

and the DC , im almost certain its Dublin City, they used it until the dance the devil album, i think, and then the original frames split or something, and the frames we know and love stepped it. its like that dire scumbag group, no angels, they were called no angels dc because there was an american group called no angels already.

Flogen

OMG, amazing gig!!! so who went??

I want the bananaman song! :D

My first Frames concert, probably consider them to be the best live act I've ever seen now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I was there... was one of their best (although the pretentious "sssshh-ing" Frames groupies still piss me off no end)

Bananaman, Glen's explanation of Lay me down and The first rapper.... classic, classic gig......

There was the "sshing" but it was kind of necessary... I mean that one who kept screaming "red chord"... arghh the anger.. :)

The rapper guy was great, wonder if it was set up though..?

• Advertisement
Advertisement