Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stones in the point????

• 14-04-2003 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

From unison.ie

A DATE is being finalised for the first Rolling Stones concert in Ireland since the band played Slane 21 years ago.

Promoters MCD have been negotiating to bring the world's biggest rock band here for some time.

While MCD stressed that nothing has been confirmed, it is believed they are ironing out the fine details to bring the Rolling Stones to the Point Theatre within months to a crowd of between 6,000 and 8,000, which will spark a massive demand for tickets.

Insiders say that the cost of the tickets will probably be at least on a par with the €105 paid by thousands of fans to see former Beatles member Paul McCarthy here on his Back in the World Tour in May.

The €105 tickets for three Neil Young shows also in May sold out within just five minutes.

Meanwhile, demand for the European leg of the Rolling Stones tour has been overwhelming, taking in over 20 major cities during June, July and August. Fans snapped up 270,000 tickets in London, Rotterdam, Munich and Sweden. In London, tickets for all three venues - Wembley, Twickenham Stadium and the Astoria - sold out in three hours.

The Rolling Stones cancelled a gig Hong Kong recently due to fears of the fatal SARS virus sweeping the region.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

At least €105? What a shower of miserable robbing bastards! It's not like they need the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

At least €105? What a shower of miserable robbing bastards! It's not like they need the money.

could'nt have put it any better myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

i'd pay 105 for any other venue but not the point. i hate the place.
    there was talk of tehm playing lansdowne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

i was told by someone who works in the point (not that that means much) that theyd actually be 130-165 euro
    thatd be real funny but it would still sell out in 4 seconds flat

Advertisement