Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairuza

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

Really looking forward to playing this gig now - should be a proper rawk show!!! By the way, if anybody feels like checking us out before the gig, we're at www.otranome.com
    We're releasing our first single "Sweet Screams" on June 20th, and if you wanna have a listen to a 4 minute MP3 of a clip of the single itself, plus the 2 b-sides, it's all up there on the site.
    See yis there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 helen

Fairuza are delighted to have so many strong performers playing for the launch. If any-one has any further queries on the gig please check out the website or email me at helen@fairuzamusic.com...see you all there...x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 mr delilah

Yeah-it's looking good- what do Fairuza girls do? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 penhelli

I don't know but I doubt I'm gonna like it!! How do you apply to be a Fairuza girl? Is this dodgy groupie territory? Are there Fairuza boys? And if not, why not?

Fairuza girls are a selection of beautiful and intelligent women who assist at Fairuza gigs by distributing free cd's, lollipops, Rice Krispie Buns, promotional material, answering questions about the band, welcoming y'all to the best gig Dublin has seen in ages. We would be more than happy to introduce Fairuza boys but no boys have applied....if any-one is interested don't hesitate to contact me...it's all very tasteful....see you at the gig...x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Carroll

I must point out at this stage that there are indeed 3 Fairuza boys (Kryz/Carroll/Simon), and a Fairuza auld-fella(Sean). :p

I think that the Fairuza girls should give lap dances:D Now that would attract a crowd

Fairuza will attract a crowd anyway! Everyone's talking about! Have I mentioned that I can't wait for the gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 musicluvr

Lapdancers!!! I'd certainly fork out 8quid for that... but I'll be forking it out anyhow!!!:D

Have phantom got the cd yet?? Is it being played??

Just heard the Beautiful song on Phantom and it sounds friggin' rockin'. Well Done Fairuza:D

• Advertisement

Yeah, heard it earlier too... sounded great. Sinister Pete seemed to like it too.... C'mon the Fairuza!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 saralee

Fairuza Girls?!
    Rice Krisie buns!
    sholdn't that be Rice KRYZpy buns? :D
    I haven't heard the song yet on Phantom

-are Fairuza girls the fairuza boys girlfriends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 no name

Pete (S) played the song last night and said he'd heard it the night before and loved it and wanted to know who the band were.
    Then the next day he found a copy of it on his desk-(quick off the mark these Fairuza Chaps)
    He said lots of nice things about FAIRUZA before and after.
    It was the first thing he played on the show.
    It's pretty rocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

Why is'nt it available to download off their Web-Site??

Whats the harm? I download the track, it grows on me, I buy the album.

You cant be dtuck up about mp3's when you're looking for interest. Can you?

I dont see the sense in it.

This could spark a hot topic I'm sure.

There will be a free CD available at the gig in TBMC on May 15th with samples from several Fairuza songs on it. Also, there will be MP3 samples of the song available on the website shortly.

I'v been investigating and have it on good authority that Fairuza girls are not Fairuza's girlfriends. For one, the drummer's married! That's you Carroll isn't it? Kryz is going out with the girl with the red hair and my sister says she knows that she is definitly not a fairuza girl but i don't know anything about bassist but fairuza girls anyway are promotions people hired and not really linked to the band. I promise i'm not stalking them or anything! The thing is though they'll probably all break up ifthey become famous so we'll just have to sit it out girls:D

Oh my God! I just copped on..Helen are you the girl with the red hair?

heard the new tune on Phantom today!
    "Beautiful"
    ROCK!!!!!!!:D :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SJP

will the rice krispie buns be free?

(I'm sooooo there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

All Samples??????????

Jesus Why?

A full track and then some samples would be of much more substantial benefit to the band. And cooler too. Everyone will just dump a CD full of samples. It would'nt hold any nostalgia or stand the test of time. At least a couple of full live versions or acoustic mix's or something...

I just dont see the sense in it.

Major companies can risk that kinda thing because they know they can recoup the enormous ammount of money they pump into P.R. through superficial sales from the P.R. itself, if not points from any chart success they might have.

Why would fairuza risk losing 'possible' fans, by not offering a more generous insentive to appeal?

A free CD is a nice thing. But go the extra length and make it something special. Not just an advertisement. Get the singer to record a bonus track to minidisc or something.. anything.

make what you will of my advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SJP

I actually got one of the sampler cds-you can get it from their website-email them and they'll send it out to u.
    the one i got had some samples of the new songs, but it also had 2 full tracks on it too.

They always give away free cds at their gigs too.

• Advertisement

SJP is right... The sample CD does contain full tracks and Fairuza have given away hundreds of CD's to people at all their gigs and in various record shops throughout Dublin. Occasionally there are also exclusive versions of the songs on the free cd's for e.g. piano versions, alternative mixes, demo recordings of tracks, plenty of what you call something special... Fairuza have always been extremely generous....thank you all the same for your advice though, months late and all that it is. Hope you enjoy your free CD when you pick one up.

cool!

-sorry
    I meant to say I heard the new tune and it's cool
    oops!:D

Are tickets on sale for the gig already? I'll be getting there late on the night and I'm afraid it'll be sold out

Tickets are not available to buy in advance of the gig but if any-one is concerned about not getting tickets on the night email me and I will reserve tickets fot you at the box office....p.s. I am the girl with the red hair...x

So are you kryz' girlfriend? do u not mind all these girls fancying him?

Who cares who fancies the singer? Fairuza ROCK!!!! Where were ye hiding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 no name

I FANCY THE SINGER!!!!!!! :D

And Me!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Will Fairuza be playing at Witness?

Advertisement