Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grundig files for bankruptcy

• 14-04-2003 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

if you have a grundig digibox, read this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Good.
    One less rottenbox on the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

'Fraid not.
    Thomson has bought their DTT and DSat boxes...

Actually if not overheated due to unventailated cabinet the Grundigs are fine. Not quite high enough temp rating on PSU capacitors, but even a panny or pace will die in an airless TV cabinet / stand.

My first reel to reel tape recorder was a Grundig battery portable in same year as "Snoopy & the Red Baron" and Monkee's "Last train to Clarksville" in charts. Aye, lads, Charts was charts in them days, arr.

And 208 was the only Pop radio station.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

And, from a DigiSpy member, here's the new Thomson digibox:

http://www.jonspeed.com/11519/index.html

Typical Thomson squareness! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by irishbyte
    And, from a DigiSpy member, here's the new Thomson digibox:

http://www.jonspeed.com/11519/index.html

Typical Thomson squareness! :rolleyes:

OMG, that's an ugly box :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

I don't have any experience of Grundig Sky Digiboxes (around here they are almost all Pace or Panasonic) but our old analogue Receiver was a Grundig STR 1 - and a good piece of kit at that, even for a Pace clone.

I still have a Grundig TV from 9 years ago that has never had a problem, and Grundig TV's about here have a good second hand market because they are reliable. Also have a Grundig Yacht Boy Radio which is also good & sensitive.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

I've just had a look at the Thomson Box... Holy Jesus!:eek: I know Thomson like simple designs but this is just too simple...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

is that really grey plastic?
    i think it would look better in the cardboard box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

That's incredibly ugly

Advertisement