Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

most disgusting job ever

• 14-04-2003 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

anyone have any of those really revolting jobs that you only discuss after youve had about 20 pints?

we were chatting here inthe office and one guy here used to be a collector of cess pit contents. he use to have a big hoover and suck up all the crap (pun intended) and take it away.

some other guy said he worked in a sainsburys and any of the meet that they packed up and sold of cheap was stuff that had been on the floor and just scooped up, so there was loads of dirt and sawdust and stuff in it.

personally, cleaning up the toilets after a satruday night in a piza parlour was enough for me.
    theres only so much vomit and sick you can deal with!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Ì used to work in a pub as a barman (won't name pub) and one night someone was unfortunate enough to be attacked with a stanley knife in the toilets. I was like a scene from silence of the lambs. Blood splatter everywhere from the struggle with hand prints in blood on the walls. Nightmare. The chap in question lost a finger in the end (which I had to put into a bag for him).......nice.

Another night some poor guy had him teeth kicked from his skull. I remember him outside, on hands and knees, looking for his teeth. He found 3 of them in the end. Poor chap. My job in the morning was to wash the blood off the footpath outside. Hmmmm....also nice. There are more but these are them worst by far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hmm i once discussed a job I had that was so bad, some guy set it as his signature!

Anyway.

Here is my '****' list!

Third worst Job

I worked in a fast food chain tha opened nights, and when I was new, (the new guy gets the ****e jobs) one day a woman sent her son into the toilets, and he was handicapped.
    When he came out covered in ****e, i knew there was a problem.

There was ****e on the walls, on the sink, on the floor, and everywhere. He got some ****e on his shoes and walked it throught the whole resturant.

Second Worst job

The toilet is blocked. Its the middle of the nite (no emergency plumber), and it has to be done!
    Black bag over the hand, hand down the toilet, and try to pull out the hand bag the theiving scumbag flushed, after robbing.

Worst Job

Some slapper from McGraths (when it was mcgraths) put her tampon in the sink (used) and ran the tap, she then held it by the thread and slapped the walls and the ceiling and the doors etc.

I got to clean it up!

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Cleaning out the Grease trap at a Little Chef,Stinks worse than a cess pool.
    Evening and Late night wekend shifts at A Wimpy Burger Bar in Bank hey street Blackpool.

Seriously Psychotic Bouncers for nieghbours,
    pissed up almost incoherent clients.
    One time a customer sliced another customers ear with a stanley knife for asking him to keep the language downin front Of his Kids

police knew him from his description.

Police found the knife in his girlfriends handbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I heard this on spin talk the other day.. some research company needed sperm samples from a bull and they actually made a man take them with his bare hands :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i used to sell hotdogs on stephens green heheheh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Tech Support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Originally posted by Repli
    I heard this on spin talk the other day.. some research company needed sperm samples from a bull and they actually made a man take them with his bare hands :eek:

Emm.. believe it or not this is a full time job for some people.

They use artificial insemination sometimes for cattle who don't get preggers the normal way. The only way to get the juice from the bull is to wánk it by hand.

Ask a vet if you don't believe me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

They used to run a feature like this in FHM back when I was dumb enough to buy it. The only one I can recall is maggot farmer, working with big barrels of maggots for a fish farm. The guy would shower and change clothes at the end of the day and still find maggots in his hair.

The worst I've had to do personnaly is mop up toilet water when the nephew blocked the toilet playing with toilet paper. It doesn't sound so bad but more was raining down on my head as I mopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Originally posted by ballooba
    Emm.. believe it or not this is a full time job for some people.

They use artificial insemination sometimes for cattle who don't get preggers the normal way. The only way to get the juice from the bull is to wánk it by hand.

Ask a vet if you don't believe me.

I was watching Jackass last night and Johnnny Knoxville was artificially inseminating a cow. He had to stick his hand up the cow's ass and inject the bull's semen while there was sh1te coming out on his hand. That was a fairly gross job.

A friend of mine who did Ag Science in UCD said she spent most of her work experience with her had up a cow's ass too! I think I prefer my desk job :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,464 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by John2002
    I was watching Jackass last night and Johnnny Knoxville was artificially inseminating a cow. He had to stick his hand up the cow's ass and inject the bull's semen while there was sh1te coming out on his hand. That was a fairly gross job.
    Are we sure thats how it works? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I thought it strange too but there were turds in his hand when he removed it and they did say they were atificially inseminating the cow. I don't know anything about the gynacological make up of a cow but did think it was weird.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

How's abouts being the longe-boy who has to clean up the jaxx after some1 with diareha decides to get the floor instead:( I quit after that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

cutting the eyeballs out of the decapitated skinless skulls of moo cows in meat factory at 5.15 in the morning.

Gutting fish and getting the Roe out of herrings in winter in a tin shed next to the sea.
    At 5.15 in the morning.

Many pints of puke/sh*t/blood/etc cleaned in my years as dublin bar man.

now I do Tech support:mad:

just wanna play guitar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Originally posted by John2002
    I thought it strange too but there were turds in his hand when he removed it and they did say they were atificially inseminating the cow. I don't know anything about the gynacological make up of a cow but did think it was weird.

He put his hand up the cows ass so that he could feel internally, kind of, where he was directing the tube of bull-spunk!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

I know this girl who had to assist pigs with breeding. She had to guide the boy pig's d*** into the girl pig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I worked an entire summer at Waterford Dairies in Dukinfield, Manchester. My glorious job was preparing 'pig milk'.

'Pig milk' for the uninitiated is sour milk. Any overproduction, any cartons with damaged labels, anything slightly amiss gets shoved on a palette and left out in the sun. I was working in a small badly ventilated room tipping sour milk into a tub, then pumping it into two enormous vats. The summer was roasting hot and the milk left outside in plastic bottles would actually ferment. The bottles swelled to spheres and would occcasionally explode, spraying me with cottage cheese.

Some of the colours of mould and bacteria inside the bottles was spectacular- reds, blues and greens. For the first 2 weks I probably pumped as much of my own vomit as I did sour milk.

The next year I got a job in an abbatoir / food production plant making doner kebab meat / steak canadians (same stuff). 200Kg blocks of frozen mutton hearts would come in from Australia. We'd then tip them into a large stainless steel hopper together with a bag of liquid animal fat, and a sack of breadcrumbs/spices/additives. Huge claws would rotate down into the hopper; slicing the frozen hearts and generating a liquid slurry. This was then pumped through a giant nozzle into different shaped plastic bags. One shape was for a doner (round-ish) and the other was rectangular to be made into steak canadians (they were then frozen).

The floor was half-a-foot deep in muddy water and blood. Once I knocked several crates of packed steak canadians onto the floor (into the water). I expected a bollocking and the cost to come out of my wages. Instead they were picked up, had the bloody water poured out of the box and got shipped anyway. Yummy!

Advertisement