Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuning Sky Satellite Dish

• 14-04-2003 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

I have just moved house, and I brought my Satellite Dish and decoder with me, I have the Dish installed and the cable in place, but am having a great deal of hastle locking on to the satellite and getting a signal.

I know that I need to be pointing 28.8 degrees from south and that the network ID has to be 0002 etc but I'm still having a devil of a job getting a picture.

Is there anything that can help, short of spending €50 for an installer to come out and spend 5 minutes using a high tech gizmo, whilst laughing at my incompetance.

All I have is a dodgy old compass and good balance, but these seem to be very minor requirments at the moment as I have wasted hours in persuit of TV.

Any advice is welcome

Pappeh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Scotsguy

Thought this might be of interest to any of you attempting to manually setup a Sky dish..

http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/

Never tried it myself although used to carry an analogue box over to Donegal when visiting ..haul the dish out of the shed and set it up on a pole in the garden. Used to take all of 5 minutes!....The Boss widna let me have a permanent setup......:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

It has to be pointing 28.2 degrees East, make sure you're not pointing at 28.2 West. Also, the angle the dish is at depends on your location - have a look at that site mentioned above by Scotsguy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

I find best way is to use an old analogue box and a portable tv outside to tune in the satellite Astra 1, 19 east with all the german channels beside it and then hook up the digibox outside and carefull move it till you get Astra 2, 28.2 east tuned .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

i found it in the end by the way.

my problem was that my dish was at a slight squew, so i recon that the signal wasnt hitting the lmb when it bounced off of the dish.

once it was straight i found it in a few mins. great!

Advertisement