Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Moves

• 14-04-2003 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

I was talking witha group of females friends and some of them were saying that they would never ask a guy out. The reason was that they felt they wouldn't be able to cope with the chance of being knocked back.

When I pointed out that it was the same scenario for guys, they said that they didn't think guys had feelings about that sort of thing. I think this is a little unfair, because alot of guys probably would take it badly.

The scary thing is when I talked to other girls about this, alot of them agree and feel that guys just aren't bothered about rejection.....

Is this a common opinion among women?

And are there guys out there who are like that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Actually.

Subliminally women know that men desire sex more then they do.
    That's how women can sit on their asses and wait for men to make all the moves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

typedef, you are one seriously cynical bastard

/me gives typedef the big thumbs up!

keep up the good work

but yeah, rejection sucks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Your only pointing out the obvious but if you want to get some action then you have to accept it and just grab your balls and go for it.

rejection ofcourse is not nice but there is a flip side to that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Samara

men desire sex more

Men just talk about it more, they don't actually do it any more :D

Well I've been to clubs where one guy has come to me and asked me to dance, I've said no, he's then asked the girl beside me, she's said no, he's moved on to another woman!! So rejection obviously didn't bother him!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

In my opinion women Desire Sex as much but they are not as up front about it ......... but also it takes 2 to tango as they say.

I have meet some girls lately and they have been very up front and have made the first moves which i like someone with confidence but not a slapper which could be seen if the lady make the first moves

• Advertisement

Good point! Women who know what they want and go for it are often labelled slappers. Men seem to like the thrill of the chase, must be a primitive instinct ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by Samara
    Men just talk about it more, they don't actually do it any more :D

you must be hanging around with the wrong guys if thats what you think :rolleyes:
    Well I've been to clubs where one guy has come to me and asked me to dance, I've said no, he's then asked the girl beside me, she's said no, he's moved on to another woman!! So rejection obviously didn't bother him!!!:p

Well that guy was out for just one thing and couldnt be arsed putting in any effort, he was still in early teens mode.. where chatting up involved asking a girl out to dance, chat for a few seconds and then throw the gob.. and yer in.. ahh the good oul days.. :D

Ya rarely see that happening to a girl cause if she goes to the bother of trying to chat a guy up, ya can be damn sure she aint gonna be rejected... unless there is something seriously wrong or she aint that appealing in the first place :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

, alot of them agree and feel that guys just aren't bothered about rejection.....

I'm not sure that's true
    I asked a bloke out once and he said no :(
    I swore I would never do that again!!
    after that experience - I had a new found respect for blokes and the amount of crap they have to go through!

you must be hanging around with the wrong guys if thats what you think

See now, there's my point, you're just another guy talking about it, albeit through innuendo :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    after that experience - I had a new found respect for blokes and the amount of crap they have to go through!
    In fairness we have to put up with a hell of a lot more crap when they say yes...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

See now, there's my point, you're just another guy talking about it, albeit through innuendo :rolleyes: :D

Cheek.... :eek:

are you always this quick to cast aspertions on the character of people you have never met????????????

Yes, any other questions? :ninja: :D

typical woman...

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    In fairness we have to put up with a hell of a lot more crap when they say yes...

lol.... ever the optimist aren't we corinthian? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Lemming
    lol.... ever the optimist aren't we corinthian? ;)
    The bed is half full...

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    typical woman...

:D:D

That's just a nasty rumour :D

That's just a nasty rumour :D

Oh no it aint.. ive expereinced it first hand on a few occassions..

so i repeat again..

TYPICAL WOMEN :p;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I think its rather unfair, Women will complain if a guy isnt affectionate enough, and then if he is too forward.

I think that alot of women fancy the men to do all the work, attention whore sorta thing, but then again i have met exceptions to this.

ahh i dunno what im rambling about, i feel sick
    *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

as an old fashioned musician once said 'Pussy-control'
    I hate it, but girls do indeed avoid taking the first step , but in their defence... most man who would see a woman hitting on a guy , would think of them as . ahum.. 'sluts' (which they arent, equal rights and everything). So guy's stop beign narrow minded and give girls the RIGHT to chase man !

Originally posted by Doodee

I think that alot of women fancy the men to do all the work, attention whore sorta thing, but then again i have met exceptions to this.

I have to agree with this, there are some women out there who just refuse to put any work into finding the right guy.. and then have the audacity to complain that there are no decent men out there..

A mate of mine in college was exactly like this, there was this guy who was mad about her and it was blatently obvious. She was mad about him too but do ya think she'd lift a finger to encourage him in anyway.. not a chance

she was of the opinion that he had to prove himself to her and basically do all the work, in the end he had enuff and told her to p*ss off.. she was in bits for weeks and couldnt understand why he did that... what a sap.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Wook
    So guy's stop beign narrow minded and give girls the RIGHT to chase man !

I would never discourage a girl from taking the first step, especially when its me they are taking the first step with :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

So you guys want us girls to make the first move but if we do you will cast us as slappers or sluts :D Can anyone make sense of that??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by misswex
    So you guys want us girls to make the first move but if we do you will cast us as slappers or sluts :D Can anyone make sense of that??????
    Not at all for me. I am greatly honoured if someone asks me out. Kinda awkward if you don't fancy her though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Follow the natural order of things- boy chase girl at least in this part of the world, and alot of the animal kingdom, get over the rejection, if we don't think ur good enough to make babies with then your someone else..... might

I really think the male of the species are losing the run of themselves with this whole sensitivity share your feelings thing.

Lads 90's man is over, it was a global joke probably started by J. Greer go back to behaving like men for god sake your making women wretch everywhere.

(im really gonna get it for this):D

Originally posted by The Corinthian

lol - ya, but, haven't you normally legged it by then!!?? :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Beruthiel,
    It seems to me you need a good experience once inawhile :D

Originally posted by Wook
    Beruthiel,
    It seems to me you need a good experience once inawhile :D

oh ya Wook? and what 'experience' would that be now?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

I for one, enjoy being asked out or to bed or whatever. Like Gordie, I am very flattered by it but yeah it's a bit of a bummer if you're just not interested.

I dont go so far as to label girls sluts though if they take the initiative. I have never been asked out in a club or anything it has always come up at a party or something where everyone would know eachother. I think this is critical as to whether blokes appreciate the first move i.e. where and how it is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Nah... men are just used to doing the chasing.. so consequently are also used to success and failure.

More success for me... but, they don't call me long dong because I can code exploits in assember!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

they don't call me long dong because I can code exploits in assember!

thanks for the eh..info.

Originally posted by misswex

Far from it.. i like girls who take the inititive... very flattering actually.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

"Far from it.. i like girls who take the inititive... very flattering actually.. "

Me too. Maybe because I'm scared ****less of them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Could have been worse, ya could have been asked last instead of first. :D

have to say i love when the women make first move.

Advertisement