Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver problem

• 14-04-2003 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

I recently bought an external hard drive, 20gig Flip2disk amacom, brilliant little thing. Found it in the bargain basement for PC World. Anyways I immediately tested it at home with XP and it worked perfected first time, no driver installation by me, everything was done automatically, fantastic.

Then I checked out a nearby webcafe running windows 2000 Professsional and that worked too, although I had to reboot and then finish the installation.

Now I'm in college and trying to connect the thing up also running windows 2000, everything was going well. Then icon for safe removal of device is even in the taskbar, but there's no disk in explorer or anywhere else. What's up with that? I rebooted and nothing. Says it's installed but the disk doesn't appear as usual. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

you may have to mount it

right click my computer and go to manage

then storage/disk management

on the right side you should see graphs of the drives on the system. Right click the graph for your external drive

click "assign drive letter" or somthing to that effect!

it should appear in my computer then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Thanks for the info supercomputer, that might work but the admins have restricted access to disk management (the sobs!) anyways I've found an area with lax security and the external drive worked the first time! :)

Advertisement