Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballroom of Romance #15 Friday 25th of April

Options
  • 14-04-2003 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭

Here's the line-up for Ballroom of Romance #15...

Date: Friday, 25th April 2003
    Venue: The Lower Deck, Portobello (just up from the Bleeding Horse pub, right behind Portobello College).
    Time: 9pm
    Tickets: €6 (with a free CD-R to the first hundred in the door).

Bands:

Steerage
    Now a three-piece minus a vocalist, Steerage have re-defined and matured their sound considerably since we last had them around. Perhaps in the same vein as the Redneck Manifesto, these guys produce melodic and turbulent instrumental rock. They've got a tight sound and if any of you made it to Ballroom #5 (with Estel, Herv and Jimmy Behan) you would have seen An Hermetic Collective and you would know exactly what to expect from these guys. Should be extremely good.

Halfset
    This three-piece which features Jeff Martin in the line-up make beautifully-crafted instrumental music. They have a sound which appeals to most folk and we're sure that there'll be a lot of satisfied punters at Ballroom#15. Currently working on a release, they recently played a set at the DIRTY club in Grey's of Newmarket Square. Keep your ears open for these guys.

Maersk
    Maersk (formerly Embers) will be launching their debut release "First Line". Label-mates of Herv on Compactrisc (http://www.compactrisc.net), Maersk promise to deliver pleasure-provoking rock. Should be well-worth it.

Mr. Creosote
    Limerick-based Mr. Creosote should provide Dublin with a wake-up call.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭Holyghost

Up you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Yay for the Ballrooms return.

Yay me.

And yay them too.

No yays for anyone else.

Except the late George Peppard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

aw..... couldn't i have a yay? :(
    my mom says i'm cool....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

No can do i'm afraid. I might be able to stretch to a 'hmmmph' if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭Holyghost

Up you go

• Advertisement
Advertisement