Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alienware PC's

• 14-04-2003 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

the pcs these guys have a monsters but i was just wondering what is the support like on them? good bad or ugly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

--this is from what i was told last night in IRC - by someone who picked their pc up. aaah, 'DemonBaby' was his name afaik--

Alienware actually build all their european pc's in Athlone - the ones that have been ordered.

The guy i was talking to saved a pretty penny on delivery by collecting it.

He said he rang them up and he got details etc.
    I would think you'd get good service if you were close to athlone and just dropped it into the factory every time it gets fu<ked.

I havent actually dealt with them., just taught you might want to know that.

super fighting :ninja: man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Moved to tech. Read the hw tweaking charter! It's not there for decoration!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

My Logitech Z-680 speakersI got from Alienware blew an amp 2 days after I got it.
    So UPS collected it 2 days later (A Monday) and I got them back repaired on Friday.If they couldnt have been repaired I would have got new speakers.
    And I spent 30 mins on the phone to tech support before I bought my system asking loads of questions about their PC's,company and support.
    I didnt want them to do a Gateway and run off once their IDA grant ran out.
    So I'm happy with what I got.
    DemonBaby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i dono about that . ive seen some of the guys they hired as tecky's and tbh i wouldnt trust them with a calculator

but it will all be seen in the months to come.
    in the states there ment to have a fairly decent quality of pc's/lappies but it has dropped from the quality they started out with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

afaik they give upgrades at cost price, pretty handy...

• Advertisement

The speakers I got should have been tested before I got them.
    Because They were dodgy from day one..they just blew up on day 2.
    I also rang 3 times to ask if I could connect my Audigy 2 card to the speakers digitally.
    The Audigy 2 has Digital out and the speakers have digital in and when I connect the Co-axial cable it dont work.
    I just wanted a yes or no answer and didnt get it.
    Also when I got my speakers back there was one bolt missing from the speaker..(to attach the stand)..but thankfully I found one and sorted it.
    Anyway I'm still happy enough so far but I dont want to my views on there after sales service to be clouded by the fact that there my ONLY after sales service option.
    DemonBaby.
    P.S. Should I be able to connect Audigy 2 to Logitech Z-680 speaker setup?.

afaik yes .( nice speakers btw ) just select output as digital and get the correct cable for the speakers . should have no probloms with it since it has digital connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

i agree with elexes. My audigy has a digital out which goes into my digital in. You gotta plug it into the right port (not analogue) and selected digital output in windows volume control (or similar) or it will still be sending an anlogue signal to the anologue port thingy.

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    still be sending an anlogue signal to the anologue port thingy.

such teck talk keep it simple he might get lost:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Go to alienwares site, go to the irish version, check out the price for a pc, then go to the britsh site and check out the price and convert to euro.
    You will notice a huge difference in price. i was going to by one of their pc's untill i realised i was being ripped off by up to 300 euros

• Advertisement

The Vat in England is 17.5% and is 21% here,
    On an expensive PCthat 2.5% adds up.
    Also if you collect your PC you save about 140 Euros.
    If you buy your system through your buisness you can avoid the VAT.
    But then you would be using your PC for work not pleasure.;)
    Nem.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

who cares, just look at the beauty

;)

http://www.alienware.com/gaming_main_desktop.aspx

if only i was a rich mon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

why i couldn't have build it better myself, that is a quality system.

i bet you could just think about it 4 2 xeons and all scsi

not really familiar with all that scsi stuff and intel's xeon processors family i have to say. for the consumer market though its seems like a kickass machine. you'd never get something like that off dell though they'd try and charge something similar for there "ultimate" machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

if peeps are that serious about a PC why not build it yourself wid all top gadgets for a lot less like me did.
    Never breaks down and lots of glow in the dark funky cases out these days.
    Smeg to the pre fab I say,ich:D

i think a lot of people who are serious about there p.c's today do build there own, but when i think of prefab i think of what the likes of dell and hp turn out i.e. pretty crap, however when a company like alienware spots the niche market? (i don't know maybe its bigger) for quality p.c systems i say fair play and if i had the money i won't mind buying a system from them, as it would say a lot of hassle as i wouldn't be a 100% sure about putting a p.c together and they do seem pick top of the range parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

im not too sure if i like the new cases though!

i think they look alright and if they do manage to cool your graphics card better so be it, the back of them looks a bit weird though

Advertisement