Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Still Upgrading Exchanges?

Options
  • 14-04-2003 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

I tried the prequal.eircom.ie and iol.ie broadband availability pages this eve.
    Unfortunatly it appears that my entire exchange (Foxrock) has yet to be upgraded (I am close to the exchange but just to make sure I tried a dozen numbers scattered around the 289 area, all negitive)
    Dun Laoghaire (285), Sandyford (295), even Walkinstown are all upgraded.
    I have had a quick look inside the Foxrock exchange and there is some DSL equipment there but only on small rack. (i, err, was let in on the proviso that i don't touch anything).

My question is - are eircom continuing to upgrade other exchanges?

tribble

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ugreevy

i am on the same exchange (foxrock - 289) - i dont know if they will ever upgrade !!

I gave up waiting - contacted irish Wisp and within 7 days i had wireless BB installed and working very well (512kb conn, 12 gig cap)

If you think you have LOS id advise you to give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Did you have to pretend to be an esat engineer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

If you think you have LOS id advise you to give them a call
    Unfortunatly I live in the radio equivelent of a hole in the ground. Can barely see the end of the garden:(

Did you have to pretend to be an esat engineer?
    I actually had the keys...

tribble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

They're still upgrading exchanges anyway, e.g. New-Ross will soon be ready. Just go onto their online chat thing and ask there; they seem to know what they're on about. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Even if it does get upgraded I wouldn't get too excited until your line passes the test. My exchange (Lucan) is upgraded and between me and the exchange is mostly new housing estates. My problem seems to be the ****e 2 amp fusewire they run from the exchange to these newly wired estates. I have been bluntly told that I cannot get DSL of any kind. Not now and most likely not ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

I'm also waiting for the Foxrock exchange to be updated...

So I checked with my landlord who works for Eircom, not in a service related to ADSL though, but he was able to check with some mates few weeks ago (maybe it was one month ago...!)
    And the answer was that they were going to update exchanges by batch, first one Mars/April and then from May to June and unfortunatly Foxrock will be in the second batch !

He knows I'm waiting for broadband (I failed IBB LOS!) so once he has more infos he will call me...
    and I will post what I will hear straight away!

Raphael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭fabien

During a chat with a (nice, or at least helpful) Eircon rep:

"i-stream : ADSL in Athenry should be launched in the next few weeks according to our systems."

now, "next few weeks", is that less than 52?

Advertisement