Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can anyone tell me

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yes, It should do...

However, there are better and cheaper options available, e.g:
    Ethernet ADSL Router from eBuyer for £23.49 inc VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

er ... that first modem that shinzon was talking about is PPPoA, I thought that eircon was PPPoE only?...
    (The one that krusty_clown mentioned does however support PPPoE and is ethernet as well!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by BigEejit
    er ... that first modem that shinzon was talking about is PPPoA, I thought that eircon was PPPoE only?...

From the specs. that modem can be installed as a bridge (RFC1483), in that case you can use a PPPoE client to connect e.g. raspppoe or enternet. It should work, although I wouldn't be 100% sure (just covering myself ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

This whole ppoe and ppoa client thing has got me confused, theres another thread in irelanoffline that says that eircom uses PPOA rather than ppoe

Whats that old song you say tomatoe i say tomato, ill probably br going for that adsl router anyways

SHIN

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

You're better off with a router.
    Anyway, Eircom's service is a PPPoE service, that thread on IrelandOffline is about some sales person telling the guy that it's a PPPoA service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement