Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quake.ie server, how much dosh for a second (or upgrades)?

Options
  • 11-05-1998 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

I might be convinced to give a long term loan, but I get the impression from Vishnu that its the network, you guys want a 100mb NIC?

Anyone else what to make such an outlandish statement? (quake.ie is non-profit)

FlavorFlav

ps. in return TE could give us cheap ISDN (100 quid installation), I can get terminal adapters for about 50 quid.
    anyone know a TE email address to hassle for cheaper ISDN?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: ps. in return TE could give us cheap ISDN (100 quid installation), I can get terminal adapters for about 50 quid.
    : anyone know a TE email address to hassle for cheaper ISDN?

I have an address of a couple of TE marketing people at home. I'll mail it to ya later Flav. I warn you. You have to be very patient with these people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭FlavorFlav

: I have an address of a couple of TE marketing people at home. I'll mail it to ya later Flav. I warn you. You have to be very patient with these people.

But that is the beauty of internet email, it is so easy to be persistent!

FlavorFlav

Hey flavor
    since when did you start using a word like 'dosh'?
    (sorry for getting off of the point)

me

: I might be convinced to give a long term loan, but I get the impression from Vishnu that its the network, you guys want a 100mb NIC?

: Anyone else what to make such an outlandish statement? (quake.ie is non-profit)

: FlavorFlav

: ps. in return TE could give us cheap ISDN (100 quid installation), I can get terminal adapters for about 50 quid.
    : anyone know a TE email address to hassle for cheaper ISDN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭FlavorFlav

Since you started calling me FlavorFlaaav

: I might be convinced to give a long term loan, but I get the impression from Vishnu that its the network, you guys want a 100mb NIC?

: Anyone else what to make such an outlandish statement? (quake.ie is non-profit)

: FlavorFlav

Thanks for your offer, but its not a hardware problem, our present box is a dual p pro 200 with 128 ram, and were setting up a dual p2 333 with 256ram. Ill put a few quake servers on the new box durnig the week to see what the pings are like.

All the best,
    Ed

• Advertisement

: Thanks for your offer, but its not a hardware
    : problem, our present box is a dual p pro 200
    : with 128 ram, and were setting up a dual p2 333
    : with 256ram. Ill put a few quake servers on the
    : new box durnig the week to see what the pings
    : are like.

I do hope you guys are running Linux - might as well
    sqeeze every last drop of performance out of that hardware,