Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championship Manager 4 - Schoolboy fun

Options
  • 14-04-2003 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Don't ask about the mentality that discovers these things but...
    I've been playing the CM4 demo for the last few days and finally got to the point where it chucks you out and tells you to buy the game. Rather than start again knowing that I would effectively be sacked come January, I came accross a way to inject some humour into the game (all of it peurile!).
    If you navigate to your CM4 folder - data - match events, there is a file called events.cfg. Open it with notepad and have fun with find and replace. Then play the game again with the 2d highlights turned off and have a laugh at the new improved commentary.

My hints:
    Replace ball with arse
    Replace the with his

Viduka brings his arse forward
    Viduka swivels on his arse
    Kewell with a fierce shot
    Dudek can only get his fingertips to his arse

Well it amused me for a while. Post any other suggestions for find/replace here.

P.S. Backup the original events.cfg first!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

how sad

PageTitleTeamLogo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

small warning that even a blank space on the wrong line in that file will stop the game working totally..

so be careful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Hence the backup.

And Kensutz, you're welcome to the intellectual high ground. I'm having fun down here! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

no probs

i was only taking the pi55. hey can u tell me how to put the pic in my post above into my signature. i dunno how to do it on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you need to end it with[/img] & make sure you've got the right url

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

rofl, had me laughing for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hehehe...tickled my funni bone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

Has ne1 any cheats or anything of the sort for CM4?..i laready know how to get free transfers!

Advertisement