Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€ircon - Self Install - R U connected yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

yeah i think its every eircom enabled exchange, I remember seeing something in the via thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭DSLinAbsentia

Sooooo - is anyone connected then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

seems not. let just hope thats its tomorrow

I've been informed that it will be Friday or Monday. Hopefully that's a Friday or Monday in April!

I'm a Friday 11th (in AM) RADSL Orderer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

don't you just hate them for that. No intention of informing anyone when they intend upgrading

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭NITEMAN

At last.
    Got my self install kit in the post today.
    I'll set it up (probably Friday at this stage) and get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Colin_Celbridge

what is in the kit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

cd with software , splitters that sort of thing i think

Software? Pour quoi? It's a DHCP server at the remote end. What do you need software for? Don't tell me it's some bastardised €ircon login client piece 'o' crap?

Elucidate me now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

from what iv read (i actually read eircoms guide, how stupid am i) it is indeed a bastardised €ircon login client piece 'o' crap :)

• Advertisement

If you're referring to the "i-streamuserA5.pdf" document (kudos €ircon, good doc!), then you can breath a sigh of relief and put the CD to one side and just use your normal connect. You dinny need it - it's just branded client fluff - you can use the normal Win32 remote authentication.

For those of you not bound to Microsnot tat, it's double fluff with knobs on. Use the CD as a coaster....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Colin_Celbridge

Phew. I though I had missed something. I half expected there to be something good in Eircom's Box of Tricks. How was it delivered?SDS or regular post? Does it fit in the letter box or do I have to wait even longer by collecting it in person at AnPost?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

WTF!.
    Rang Eircom last night asking where me DSL was.
    Biddy told me that they had a problem with their manuals, there was errors in the doc so it was sent back to the publishers?
    Hmmm, BS me smells.

Also they were "swamped" with orders?

She told me that they were now telling people 15 working days instead of the original 10.
    So I was to give it another week!!

She was happy to give me my username/password though
    fat lot of good without a feckin dsl connection.

I want it now damit! I have downloads that need doing:-)

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

If you have a dsl "modem" and your username and password..then why wait..just plug the modem into your regular phone socket, make a new broadband connection , with your user:pass, and away ya go! (afaik)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Fraid not, tried it first thing last night :-)

Line hasn't been DSL enabled yet.

S.

K - was in touch with the online chat folks in €ircon again this morning. It seems it'll now be by Tuesday next before the kit arrives.

The Dun Laoghaire exchange is scheduled to be activated tomorrow. THough, technically 10 working days puts that at Tuesday also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Regnak

Well,
    I missed Eircom calling me last night to give my password to me. I rang their Sales people on 1800503303 and they put me onto Tech Support 1800460260 after giving me a security ID to verify my identity. Got some my password off them and asked them about anything else I'd need to configure my Router with - they gave me the cpi/vci numbers 8/35 and to use PPoE. That's all I'd need they said. Still waiting on the darn Splitter in the post. The tech enquired if I was going to need to install the Eircom CD client but he realised I had a full fledged router and wouldn't need it.

Now all I need is the Splitter and an Eircon person in the local Exchange to make things happen.

I'm using a Seg Vigor 2600W box in the hallway to connect to a USB 802.11b wireless adapter in my bedroom - I live in a rented house to it saves me throwing wires up the stairs ! The signal is good - might even take up surfing with a laptop from my car in the driveway !

Doesn't look like anyone who's gone for the self install is connected yet, so close....so close !!! And all those Matrix trailers to download.......!!

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

ye still nothing yet, all we need is patiance, its comming, finally. but ye as said b4 i have SO much to download, which includes Doom 3 demo which is 2 Gigabytes, hehe thats half me cap.

oh ye a quick question, Becoz Eircom bill u every 2 months, does that mean that u have an 8 Gig cap for the 2 months, or will they (in theory) charge u if u use 5 gigs in the 1st month and 3 in the second month? any1 know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭NITEMAN

i returned home from a trip today to what i thought was my eircom starter kit.
    and what was here waiting for me .
    a bill, not a f**king starter kit.
    i bet the push the date out again next week

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

At last - I've been looking around for some kind of bulletin board for fellow suckers who have ordered i-stream self install from Eircom.

I, like most of you ordered on the 11th April, and have I got my password/username or my modem ??? Not a chance. I haven't heard a thing. I've tried ringing a few times to see whats going on - but I am just told that there are delays, with no more information forthcoming.

Have any of you ordered the ethernet modem from them ? How does the package arrive - by regular post or courier ?

wheeler_1028.

• Advertisement

aint even got ur password yet? thats bad.

i got my password, my other stuff shud arrive sOOn, and nah i got my modem off Belgacom (belguim) for 40 yo-yos, ALOT cheaper, and it looks like a manta ray :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

rang em up and it's bad news...... modems wont be out till next week next. (for some that is)

Just for clarity - :

It's now almost 2 full weeks since the launch. Eircom say on their website that the service will be up and running in 10 working days.

Has anyone even received the starter package yet, nevermind having the service turned on ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Well if mine isnt hear this weekend like promised...im cancelling this bull****.

ye some1 on page 2 of this topic got his starter pack 2day, thats all i have heard of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

i dont want to stick up for eircom or anything but...

11th april -> today (24th) = 14 full days but only 10 working days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Just to be extra fair to Eircom, its only been 7 working days.

You don't count the 11th, Good Friday or last Monday.

So next Tuesday will be 10 working days.

Not that I expect to be up and running next Tuesday!

I've been told next Tuesday, 29th APRIL (doh! Thanks wheeler_1028!), is my go online date. I've been told this over the last 3 days by 3 different reps, so it must be the truth (holding back the laughter, holding....holding)

29th of April I hope !

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be surprised if Eircom chose to release on the 11th BECAUSE of the 2 non working days.

Feel free to tear strips out of this lunchtime thought :-)
    --Eircom release on the 11th, they say 10 working days.
    --BUT there is two extra non-working days during those 10.
    --They get staff to work ?? maybe those two bank holidays.

hence they get two extra days to get though the work,

so noone can bitch about the 10 days are up, cus technically they aren't

covering their asses?

S.

Advertisement