Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€ircon - Self Install - R U connected yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

Does anyone have any up to date info from 'Biddy' in Eircom or otherwise about when these starter packs are due ?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Starter packs have started arriving as and from yesterday, so if you're one of the lucky ones who was dealt with on the 11th it should be out already. Otherwise, start praying.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

I ordered on the 15th, got my pack today, and have my u/name & password. All im waiting on now is "the call" :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I recieved my Modem (from Marx) today and plugged it in, i then rang eircom tech support and said that i recieved the splitters (which i didnt) and would they "turn me on", they said i should just wait till i recieve a call from a sale's agent and they will let me know when i will be turned on? The guy then informed me that this may take a while, "around a few weeks"
    I am on the shantalla exchange in galway.
    Has any one else had this happen to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

got my username and pass earlier this week, got the pack today and been using it since :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by Caffine
    got my username and pass earlier this week, got the pack today and been using it since :D

Caffine: Please post your download speeds / pings to the Broadband pings/download speed thread here

Cheers,

carbsy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

I ordered the 13'th or something. I got my password today. ill get my ****ty splitters pack this week and then it will be enabled a week after or some ****. Im actually a bit stupid i didnt wait a bit, thinking incredibly realistically, the 4gb cap is a load of bull. I downloaded a 527mb this month and thats not downloading music. Thats maybe the odd file here and there. How ****ed up is that? The 4gb cap is ****. I hate it.

*beats myself with a spoon for not waiting*

:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

and now your stuck in a minimum 6 month contract too.

AFAIK its 12 month but i dont give a **** about that. Ill get out of that when i want to. Ill give it a shot. if its not 512k or if the cap is a problem, ill leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

yeah people do seem to be able to get out of it if they need to. the sales person I was talking to said it was a 12 month contract, but if you wanted to leave earlier you'd have to have paid a minimum of 6 months.

• Advertisement

Ye im actually thinking of leaving now before i get the service. I got my pword yesterday. Splitter pack coming this week and it will be activated the following week. hmmm IOL are handier...

Ye im actually thinking of leaving now before i get the service. I got my pword yesterday. Splitter pack coming this week and it will be activated the following week. hmmm IOL are handier...and 5gb cap not much but better and 6 euro cheaper per month

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

forget about esat or eircom, go with netsource no cap 2 month rolling contarct 5 e-mail addies and a domain name if you want it all for 66 euro a month

www.netsource.ie

As soon as i get the fail lifted off my line with eircom im going with them no question

SHIN

hold on, does that mean that if i dont want the domain name its only 54 euro a month with no cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

you have to take the domain name as its part of the minimum business package

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭DSLinAbsentia

It's week 2 after the order. I feel like Crusoe after two weeks on shellfish, a.k.a, 56K, though I haven't started talking to my mouse yet - cue music and crashing waves.

Will this be the week where the interent changes for me forever? I daren't say, I can hardly breathe, is that a talking rat before my eyes? My god, it's week 2......

Roll on DSL....

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

heya lads,

i was playing champo 4 (EXCELLENT!) and i decided to jam my phone line into my ADSL modem to see if it has been activated yet, it hadnt. then during the game all my modems lights started shining, and i checked and it my ADSL syncroisation had been found, i.e i can connect to Eircom :D they must of enabled it during my champo game, i saw a few eircom vans in my area (bray) earlier.

My problem is i dont have the eircom CD. I have my user name and password, all i need to do is connect to the thing. Any ideas any1? Help much appreciated.

Yel done.

www.yelnahs.tk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

You don't need any Eircom CD to connect, just as long as you have a modem and if required a login/password.

Your modem should include documentation on how to connect it to your PC... Depending on whether it's an Ethernet or USB model this should be pretty straighforward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭santalives

Yelnahs
    what sort of modem do you have,does ithave it owns dial up. if you just need a pppoe client download pppoe off the net and use that to connect all the instructions are with it and it works fine

hehe n1 with the quick replies

Its the Alcatel one, the one that looks like a Manta Ray.
    It came with a log in program, but u have to enter a telephone numebr for it to connect. any suggestions, ill post back in a sec with the details of the modem

• Advertisement

sorry that was meant to say raspppoe

you don't need to put in the numebr i think you can leave it as 0 or * and it will connect it just needs your username and password

right ill give that a shot. thx man

2nd option)
    oh ye i went to a site and it told me what to do in order to make ur own connection, i entered all the details and i said i cant connet to it. So i went to settings and it turns out i have to select which type of connection it is from the this list....

FTP
    IMAP3
    IMAP4
    SMTP
    Pop 3
    Remote Desktop
    HTTPs
    Telnet
    or Http

any1 know whci one eircom is? dang this is all auto matic on the cd!

right forget what i said on the last post

SantaLives, i tried to dial '0' but it said the remote pc did not respond. Its a pppoA connection. I have set up the account manually but it keeps say 'The Specified Destination Is Not Reachable' even though i have entered nothing about Eircoms address or anything. Any ideas?

Thnx in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭p2p

forget about esat or eircom, go with netsource no cap 2 month rolling contarct 5 e-mail addies and a domain name if you want it all for 66 euro a month

I thought it was only 1 free email address you get for E66?

eircom use pppoe so if it is set to pppoa, you are for a better word screwed. one way around this if you copy the drivers to your computer reinstall the drivers just change the phonebook.ini to be pppoe to do this just change the DriverType to 1(open in notepad and save your work). make sure you don't have the cd in so it reads the wrong ini file

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

My Netgear DG824m arrived yesterday ! :-)

Nice piece of kit it is too.

Alas, my line is still not connected.

BTW, Some of the modem config pages that people have posted on the board, listed their username as "xxxxxx@eircom.net" instead of just "xxxxxx" ?
    Anyone know which is correct?

Cheers
    S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭DSLinAbsentia

I've been informed that today 29 April, my connection day (10 "working" days after the order), is no longer my connection day and that it may be in to next week at this stage - of course, no specifics given. €ircon phooey.... Then again, why am I surprised....

Truth: Ordered 11 April @ 11am
    Lie: €ircon say the order went on to their system 16 April
    Truth: Expected activation date 29 April
    Lie: €ircon haven't even visited the exchange yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Regnak

Hi,

Just rang 1800 503303 to see what's up. They've drafted in extra engineers to help cover the backlog, they're about 5 days behind (!). Might be up by Friday if I'm very lucky but looking more like next week also. Tried ADSL modem into phone socket just for the laugh with settings but no joy. Might try again this weekend again. No sign of splitter either.

Maybe I could just skip May and just start June connected ?!!

Mike

Odered : April 11th 9am, self install.
    Password received but that's all. Maybe I should "Visit" my local exchange and do a "self install" there.................!!

• Advertisement

heya ppl, lol again just a quick question.

What goes in the host address/phone number section for the Eirocm broadband connetion, i aint got the cd yet but my exchange is enabled, i have tried eircom.net and .ie

All u have to do is right click on the connection and click poroerties, its the first thing u see

Much appreciated.

Advertisement