Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€ircon - Self Install - R U connected yet?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭DSLinAbsentia

The sales folks in Eircom hadn't activated my account. This was causing an IP address to not be allocated by their DHCP server. They did it immediately when I called and I'm cranking along at a a fine 'ol speed. Very happy indeed.

Pinging www.boards.ie [217.114.166.147] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 217.114.166.147: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=55
    Reply from 217.114.166.147: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=55
    Reply from 217.114.166.147: bytes=32 time=25ms TTL=55
    Reply from 217.114.166.147: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 217.114.166.147:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 22ms, Maximum = 27ms, Average = 24ms

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Congrats DSLinAbsentia!. Its cool isn't it!!

BTW, I logged into the dslstats thingy last night
    http://dslstats.eircom.net

and it says I have a limit/cap of 10gbs?
    WTF??

Now I can't believe that eircom are being "nice" to us customers.
    So it must be an error.

I wonder what would happen if I went over that orginal 4gb cap?

....Eircom drone: you went over your cap.

Me: Uh no no, my dslstats say I have a 10gb cap.

Doubtfull that would hold up with them lot.

Anyone else see this on their stats page?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

oh my god, n1 shurl, last time i checked that log thing i coudlnt log in. But now i have, i have downloaded 5 gigs of stuff since i got my connection, eircom havent rang me to tell me the account is activated, i have no cd or splitters or anything. So i logged into that site and i have used up 0% of my montly allowance, even though i have downloaded 5 gigs of stuff over the past week!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D happy bunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

So i logged into that site and i have used up 0% of my montly allowance, even though i have downloaded 5 gigs of stuff over the past week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now that is classic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I've had the same as Yelnahs !! However, I've only downloaded 500Mb so far. But it looks like Eircom hasn't noticed.

Interestingly(?), I was able to check the dslstats webpage at work, but I still get a 'Forbidden' message from home. Why would that be?

• Advertisement

maybe firewall/admin privlages/protocol thing, try setting your secutiry to 'except all'.

But ye, as i said they aint sent me out anything, so if they dare try to charge me extra, im just gonna say innocnetly 'i havent got my cd so how can i download things etc....'

You can only view the page if your authenticated to the i-stream service with your eircom account. This is passed in the HTTP header - if you're not logged in, you're not going to get access. This is known as HTTP Basic-Auth.

Originally posted by DSLinAbsentia
    You can only view the page if your authenticated to the i-stream service with your eircom account. This is passed in the HTTP header - if you're not logged in, you're not going to get access. This is known as HTTP Basic-Auth.

Of course, all I get is an error. So maybe I don't exist at all. Anyone want me to download anything? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

me too!! got 2 gigs of crap in the last 9 days and the dslstats reports:

Total Downloads to date this month: 2484 KB
    Download Allowance: 4000 MB
    Percent of Allowance used to Date: 0%
    Estimated total Downloads this month: 8557 KB

Download allowance used
    2 MB -> 0%

0 MB 4000 MB

Time Online Bytes Uploaded Bytes Downloaded Allowance Used
    May 2003 1:42:21 347 KB 2484 KB

i don't konw!

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Originally posted by BendiBus
    Interestingly(?), I was able to check the dslstats webpage at work, but I still get a 'Forbidden' message from home. Why would that be?
    I tried it from home a day or two ago and it was forbidden; it works fine from home today so I think the problem was at Eircom's end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by DSLinAbsentia
    I believe it was a case of missing ip address ranges on the web server acl

hmmm, so do you reckon that site is the only way for them to check how much you have used in yuor account. I.E do they have another way of finding out how much you have downloaded, because if they do and there is a bug in that website, them im in for one hell of a bill.

whoops, my eircom thingy started increasing today, ah well got a nice week off it unmetered, no its a question of not going TOO MUCH over the 4 gig limit :D

Advertisement