Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamcast 60hz question

Options
  • 15-04-2003 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

My telly says it does both 50 and 60hz.However when connected via the normal rf antenna supplied it doesn't do 60hz ? IF I get a dreamcast scart cable should that sort the problem ? My tv is only 6 months old.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think you can do 60hz (PAL-60) over an RF connection. Pick up an RGB SCART lead and that should solve your problem; and even if it transpires that your telly doesn't want to do 60hz, at least you'll have a beautiful crisp RGB picture rather than a mucky grainy RF picture :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

You can get 60 hz to work with an Rf cable but it will involve fiddling with the fine tuning and the vertical hold on your TV.

I used to use a beat up old portable to play my Dreamcast and running games at 60hz used to send the screen rolling very fast. If your TV has a verttical hold switch, simply turn it until the picture stops. You might then have a slight buzzing noise. Tricking with the fine tuning should sort that and you are there.

I used to find it great for US imports which nearly all ran at 60hz.

Unfortunately, on reflection, I'm not sure if more modern TV's have a vertical or horizontal hold anymore...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Thanks,I'll get the scart cable and keep you updated.

Advertisement