Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Man Utd

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Who's being OTT now Bateman. Listen I was merely playing on the fact that Bohs are also known as the Gypsies. OK and yes I am going down to his level because he his being a total flamming muppet and I'm probably worse for letting him get to me. And yes thanks xenophobia it was. Seen as how you seem to know much more about Sligowhatever than me I'll leave it to your great talents of whit to retort. Ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I didn't want to turn this thread into what it is now, but I don't feel I'm to blame.

celebrate1.jpg

031_28A.jpg

Size isn't everything. :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by Hobart
    I'll leave it to your great talents of whit to retort. Ok.

WTF ??? whit ???

couldn't resist, anyway the footy, whadda ya reckon will be the starting squads ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

>talents of whit

Oh dear. Gotta go, folks, I've a bit of work and eating to do before the big game later. Yes, even us provo-lovin english-hatin potato-pickin real football fans are interested.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Have we raked over these coals plenty of time already....?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

Originally posted by yop
    fisty, fisty, fisty :p

Legion must be a United fan who thinks that if he puts 20 yoyos on arse to win he wins money, but if United win then he wins as he is a fan.

Correct yop ;)

Although I must point out that this ploy has never worked for me in the past :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

ahem

JAMMY DODGERS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Great game.

Arsenals second "goal" was offside, should not have been given.

Keano looked dodgy at times, his hip was giving him problems, it was obvious.

Campbell is a dirty scumbag, I'm sure Arsewipe Whinger will say there was nothing wrong with it,

But its getting tight, lets hope United hang on in there and take the Premiership back to its rightful home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Its a shame- first Arsenal goal was, well fortunate in the bounce - and the second was offside.

The fact United came back to equalise so soon is a great boost, theyll be coming out of the match with a buzz and hopefully tearing into their fixtures whilst Wenger will be moaning about Campbell getting the card he deserved. United played better , and deserved the win but nevermind - arsenal will come out of this feeling the worst about it so theres not much chance their form will pick up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

anyone else think that Solskjaer over reacted. i think Campbells raised arm warrented a yellow card not a straight red. Arsenal were very lucky with their 2 goals though.
    if only they win all their remaining games and score a few goals on the way. it is in their hands now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Over reacted? I didn't seem him rolling around on the ground, he simply fell back after being whacked in the face. Don't think theres any question that he was given a decent knock in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Didn't even touch his face, he tapped him on the shoulder and Solskjaer went down like he'd been shot.

Ah well, least the end-of-season run-in should be very interesting.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Àlright game, we should have won it.

One poxed goal and one so far offside you would be wondering how much Henry paid the linesman.

The sending off was right and wrong!! Right because if you look at the view from the linesman it looks like a total intentional elbow, but if you see the incident from the front you can see that it was accidental.
    Solskjaer did not over react, he got elbowed, intentional or not it is still an elbow and feckn hurts I am sure. You do not get lumps on your face from been hit on the shoulder me thinks?

Of course arse spent their time fallin around like ballet dancers, pires is a complete fool, cannot touch the guy.

RVN, great run and goal, Keane was not too bad, made some nice tackle to break up play. Shame we did not win it but arse are not playing well so could still stumble against the boro on Saturday.

BTW - Going back off thread (sorry!) , sligo gobshíte, fuk off with you political bull to the politics section like a good horse, check the title of the thread, it says SOCCER! Its no wonder the North is the way it is with stone age biggots like yourself. TWAT!;)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Whats worse for the Arse, is that Vieira and Campbell will both miss matches, no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Man u were robbed tbh, 3 times it struck an arsenal player and went out and was given to arsenal, offiside goal and erm lucky goal.

Am i justifed feeling like this? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

you have every right to feel like that. i know i would if was the other way round. anyone else think that this will be another last day decider deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

United deserved to win it and clearly were happy with the point when the final whistle went.

They are the ones playing well and IMO are now favourites to take the title. The gap may open further on Saturday with the gooners having a very tough game at Boro. If they dont win there its all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Man u were robbed tbh, 3 times it struck an arsenal player and went out and was given to arsenal, offiside goal and erm lucky goal.

Am i justifed feeling like this? :(

Nah, i dont really feel youre justified.

Some decisions go your way, and some dont, its the nature of the game.

But Sol's red card, and subsequent 4 match ban to me is a far worse travesty, than say Henry's offside goal. Trying to win every game in the run in, with out Sol will make it tha much harder.
    So on balance , Arsenal have more to complain about, than United. (Espicaly given the muppets arsenal have to replace Sol!)
    Also on balance of play, 2-2 was the right result. Tho I'm a neutral.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Great game to watch ,tho they did eventually cancel each other out.
    Campbell should have walked as the linesman seen a deliberate elbow to the face so therefore straight red card.
    But he will appeal it and the rtef said he would look at it so he will get the 4 match ban squished wonder if man utd can get the other linesman to look at the 2nd arse goal :rolleyes:

Great game spoiled by 2 decisions when Arsenal went 1-1 i thought it was going to be 4-4 or somfin Keane was simply awesome one of his best matches of the season imo.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I expect Campbell will have his red card rescinded, what with David Dein pulling strings for him with the FA.

Plus I dont think Sligoliner is from Sligo, he said he was from Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Firstly great game. Excellent first half for united. RVN goal was superb. What an excellent striker he is. He never thrashes at a ball. Always controlled. Excellent finish imho.

Second half good pressure from Arsenal and probably deserved a goal. Second goal was a fvcking joke. 2 yards offside and what was worse was the linesman was level with Henry. Worse decision I've seen for ages but them are the breaks. United have been lucky in the same way at times.

The sending off. I agree with Yop - right and wrong. Solskjaer didn't overreact - contact was made albeit from the arm rather than the elbow (as seen from the opposite angle - from the linesman’s view it was a deliberate elbow). Jesus if you want to talk about players going down easy look at the Muppet Pires (alright a very talented Muppet).

Overall United should have won. I much prefer the 3 points lead though rather than the game in hand (naturally). When was the last season we were in that position? It always seems like Arsenal are ahead and we have games in hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

First off, congrats to Hobart
    Now prediction for 2nite 2 - 2.

The only one to pull off a correct prediction.
    Campbell deserved to be sent off, on replay he clearly slowed down and intentionally delivered a blow. Whether he hit him or not the intent was there.

Both Arsenal goals were offside. The first would've been harsh to call, but the second was so blatantly offside. That official had also just given a throw to Arsenal when it clearly went off Ljundberg's leg. Bad night for him.

But as Henry said after the game, he had 3 goals disallowed at the start of the season that weren't, so universal justice perhaps. A bit like Utd's second goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Good Result For Utd i think its in there hands now,Arsenal dont look like their on form remember how good Lungberg and Pires were at this time last season,Vieria injured campbell suspened the pressure is starting to show.

What was the story with Beckham has Fergie finally realised what a pounce he is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Good game, fair result, even if one of Arsenal's goals was given offside though, Ljungberg should have had a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Penalty? dont remember that, coulda ya remind me please cos im probably remembering things biasedly (seriously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Great match to watch. The two sides played very well and did - as someone said - cancel each other out. First goal would have been very harsh to give offside. Henry knew nothiong about it although teh second one was very obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Ljungberg shouldn't have had the penalty imho. He was pushed, yes- and as an Arsenal fan I was out of my seat shouting for the penalty, until Pires blasted just over the bar. The referee played an advantage to Arsenal, and Pires got a shot on target out of it. I don't think that a push on a player on the inside edge of the box going away from goal deserved a penalty.

Ok, if you want to be a rules lawyer, any push in the box by a defender can be given...but the law of common sense prevailed here. The ref played a splendid advantage and Pires should have scored from it. As for Henry's offside goal...I'm speechless. 2-3 yards off and the linesman was right alongside him. What are Utd fans supposed to think? Although, having said that- the match probably was a draw on the balance of play in both halves, so /shrug!

We have the slightly easier run-in for sure though, playing Everton as they challenge for the Champion's League isn't something I envy the Mancs for.

Advertisement