Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new luas extension

• 15-04-2003 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a map of the planned Luas extension to the Point Depot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Have you tried the
    Luas website ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

did you look at the page that links to
    the map only goes as far as connolly

obviously the luas website would be the first place to look, i did, and they didnt have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Me bad :( Saw article about the extension in the paper at lunchtime. At a cost of 60 mill! I shouldn't have expected the web site to having anything useful on it ;)

WTF is this dang thing going to do to help people? There's been roads/streets closed off for 2 years near me. And it's going to cross the Red Cow roundabout at street level. This is supposedly the busiest roundabout in the country and they've designed things to get worse. Muppets. </rant>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

The following test is on the Luas web site, but no maps......

gerard

The options for the extension to the Point Depot are:

Route Option A would involve double track extending from the terminal stop at Connolly Station, across the junction of Harbourmaster Place and Mayor Street, along Mayor Street and over the Royal Canal by means of a new bridge before continuing towards a terminus in the vicinity of the Point Depot

Route Option B would involve double track extending from the Busáras stop and turning north to run along Harbourmaster Place, east of the Connolly Station Stop towards the IFSC entrance to Connolly Station. A section of single track would extend from here through the laneway beside Connolly Station and into Sheriff Street and continue eastwards before turning south to run along Commons Street and then east to run along Mayor Street, crossing the Royal Canal on a new bridge and continuing to the Point Depot.

Route Option C would involve a single line loop along Harbourmaster Place, the laneway along the east side of Connolly Station, Sheriff Street, Commons Street, and Mayor Street with connections to the section of track between the Busáras and Connolly Station stops, at the western end, and to the proposed double track section east of Commons Street and continuing eastward, crossing the Royal Canal over a new bridge and terminating in the vicinity of the Point Depot.

It is anticipated that following the consultative phase the RPA will select the preferred route option by mid- 2003.
    :mad: :mad: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Originally posted by a_ominous
    Me bad :( Saw article about the extension in the paper at lunchtime. At a cost of 60 mill! I shouldn't have expected the web site to having anything useful on it ;)

WTF is this dang thing going to do to help people? There's been roads/streets closed off for 2 years near me. And it's going to cross the Red Cow roundabout at street level. This is supposedly the busiest roundabout in the country and they've designed things to get worse. Muppets. </rant>
    exactly
    seeing as they have to build a bridge anyway across the M50, why stop there, it should have at least gone over the roundabout too. Or failing that put the tracks a few metres down from the roundabout.

such idiots

• Advertisement
Advertisement