Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java

Options
  • 15-04-2003 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Im finding the java pretty tough this year in first yeaR...ye i know its only first year.

Im just wondering since i like the course, i feel iwill probably fail this subject. Is it worth repeating the whole year or is it likely i will not pick this stuff up?

I find it quite complicated...we moved into 4 or 5 classes...i was barely getting to grips with 3...

What ya reckon?

Since i like it, should i repeat and try get it or apply for somthing else? hmmmm

Thanks,
    :ninja:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

50Cent, I think most people in a programming course find the first year or two quite difficult. I know I did! Its my expierence that if you do enjoy your course and are willing to put in the time and effort to work at it, then it will slowly get easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

cool thanks. It is pretty hard alright. I will stick it out. its a nice course and its a lot better than sitting in a business course for hours...although thats what i would do if i left.

Ye i heard that before, ill just stick it out and give it my best shot.

Thanks man,
    :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

stick it out and/or find an alternative learning method. Having a genuine interest will take you the rest of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

There are three steps to getting to grips with programming in my opinion (this is on top of reading and attending class of course):

1. Code.
    2. Code.
    3. Code.

Try to write out everything. Copying and pasting code from bits of other programs is a bad idea when trying to learn.

Stick with it and good luck.

Where are you doing your course btw?

Advertisement