Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irc.iol.ie & #quake

Options
  • 10-05-1998 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

Hi ,
    A lot of people have been complaining about the amount of ops in #quake on irc.iol.ie , and also about the childish goings on in there of late , so I`ve decided to do something about it untill irc.quake.ie is up and running.

I`ve deleted all ops except me...and there will be a strictly limited number from now on . I havent decided what way to do it yet ...but I was thinking the fairest way might be to op 2 ppl from each clan .

Any comments ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Good Call Tony,

better make up your list before the muppetry begins and thirty new clans pop out of the woodwork.

Z.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I think it should be people over 18 (mature people) and two from each clan. That way there will be a limit and no childish behaviour.

Bubbles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

I think it's very unfair for us all to suffer just because some people let the @ go to their head. And what about people who dont abuse op's and arnt in a clan? I think it would be better to indivaudally deal with the people who are abusing the system (not going ot name names but you know who you are)

Thats what i think

ChRoMe

: Hi ,
    : A lot of people have been complaining about the amount of ops in #quake on irc.iol.ie , and also about the childish goings on in there of late , so I`ve decided to do something about it untill irc.quake.ie is up and running.

: I`ve deleted all ops except me...and there will be a strictly limited number from now on . I havent decided what way to do it yet ...but I was thinking the fairest way might be to op 2 ppl from each clan .

: Any comments ?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

:
    : I think it should be people over 18 (mature people) and two from each clan. That way there will be a limit and no childish behaviour.

:
    : Bubbles

Over 18, LOL.
    Your an example urself that age has nothing to do with maturity, nothing at all. What about u give the ppl who had ops, ops back, and from now on 1 wrong doing gets u punished, by ur ops being taken away?

I think thats the best thing to do, fresh start for everyone and no going on people's 'record'.

regards,
    ste-the-bee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

: I think it's very unfair for us all to suffer just because some people let the @ go to their head.

Yeah...thats very true. I havent decided yet what to do ...but one things for sure.... the channel doesnt need 96 ops.

Maybe instead of choosing from the clans I`ll just have a look at current list and pick 10 . If anyone loses ops and hasn`t done anything wrong , don`t take it personally ....its just not practical to have nearly one hundred ops on a channel that has 30-40 users on at a time max .

Shiva

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

: I think thats the best thing to do, fresh start for everyone and no going on people's 'record'.

Only problem with that is that I`m not on as often as I used to be (for the time being) . And since no-one is stupid enough to abuse ops while a ruthless git of an irc-op like me is about ...all the crap happens when I`m not there , and all I have to go on is hearsay when it comes to answering complaints.

Shiva

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Tony,

gimme a bell, I got somethang interesting - re irc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

: I`ve deleted all ops except me...and there will be a strictly limited number from now on . I havent decided what way to do it yet ...but I was thinking the fairest way might be to op 2 ppl from each clan .

Two People from each Clan is probably a bit much too, there are so many clans and so many new clans will arrive for the summer.

You know most of the quake people they havnt changed much since your time, just pick 10 or 12 and be done with it, pick some early birds and some night owls so that there will be a good spread of ops throughout the evening and night.

Vex

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<center>scream.jpg</center>

Advertisement