Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool chairman speaks out on transfers

• 15-04-2003 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

Just came across this on the Liverpool web site. I know there has been alot of threads about transfers around lately but this might interest the 'Pool fans in our midst

It's a section of an interview with Rick Parry specifically talking about the in's and out's at Liverpool this summer. There is good news in there when he says that there will be movement but he says alot of the speculation we have been hearing about transfers coming in will depend on whether or not the 'Pool qualify for the CL.

It's all here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

We simply have to finish in the top 4, although Le Tallec and Sinima-Pongolle are joining in the summer. Diarra and Vignal will be back at Anfield too. Sad thing is all four of them will probably spend most of their time in the reserves under Houllier...they'll play the odd game or 2 in a row, then get dropped.

grr:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

I know theres loads of speculation about who is joining what club etc etc. But it does appear that Steve Finnan is odds on to join Liverpool during the Summer. Not a bad signing at all imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Diarra is supposed to be very good but he's just yet another player GH signed and won't play. He's out now with Le Tallac and Pongolle at Le Harve so at le Tallac will know somebody when they come in.

The most disturbing thing I found about the interview was how much faith Parry seems to have in GH. Maybe he knows something that the fans can't see. Or maybe GH has a split personality who is a brilliant tactician and Parry is just waiting for him to burst out:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Not a bad defender, but wait and see, he'll end up playing up front ;)

If Richie Partridge doesn't get a run in the team next season I'll be really pi$$ed off. Looks like Coventry are missing his talent, (he had to get a groin op i think), they're in freefall the last few weeks or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

duff duff duff.

with partridge on the other wing- the only man @ LFC faster than Owen, then you could cope with Ger & Ham in the middle sitting, obviuosly stevie gets forward a little more but he's hardly the potent force to keep opposing defenders up at night.

wat about riise, he's not a class defender. not a class wing back. not bad at either. He's not outstanding at any one aspect of teh game, which players at top clubs need to be.

Never forget him scoring against utd though :D

I hope but don't think that Duff will go to Liverpool. There is a chance he will if Utd don't sell Giggs but otherwise I'd say go for the next best option which is Kewell IMHO.

Any which, Steed Malbranque's agent has confirmed Liverpool interest and the player is dead keen to move from Fulham with Tigana's departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Freeshack

Not a big fan of Malbranque at all, dont think we're the kind of club who should buy players from lower placed teams. But with all the talk of Kewell going to utd then there's still a chance to get Duff. Steve Finnan is a big signing, gives carragher some competition at last, might force to cross the ball from time to time instead of passing back to murphy as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

This would probably be the best options available to liverpool for next year 11 out of this lot

1. dudek
    2.finnan/babbel 3.vignal/riise/carragher
    4.hypia 5.henchoz

6.hamman 8.gerrard/murphy/malbranque

11.Partridge/Smicer 7. duff/berger

9.baros/diouf/Hesky 10.Owen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Jake303

Ye think Duff would go to Liverpool if they make and offer(if they have the money) if Liverpool do not have champions league football next season?

• Advertisement

I think he vould go to the pool if Giggs is not sold from Utd.

As for Robz team there, first off Berger is going with alot of clubs interested from England. I'd have Risse a starter in the left full spot and Gerrard would be a starter ahead of Hamann who has showed how patchey and inconsistant he is this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Liverpool won't be playing Champions League football next year, they're not good enough.

CL places will be United, Arsenal, Newcastle and Everton/Chelsea.

End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

dont think we're the kind of club who should buy players from lower placed teams.
    But with all the talk of Kewell going to utd then there's still a chance to get Duff. Steve Finnan is a big signing,

Have you not just totally contradicted yourself here? Especially as Finnan would be bought from the same club as Malbranque.

It looks like the 'Pool aren't gonna get Duff unfortunately, unless Man U run out of funds! So we gotta get Kewell before he signs a new deal at Leeds, which would be a really bad decision for the lad imo. Malbranque is decent, but he's not any better than Danny Murphy. What we need is class like HK and DD. I think we should try to get Van der Vaart of Ajax, (probably wouldn't leave) or de Pedro of Real Sociedad, (brilliant left foot), they are the sort of creative players that we desperately need.
    And Robz150, what about Diarra, Le Tallec and Sinima-Pongolle, surely these guys should get a chance or two in the first team next season! If they don't I'll eat my hat...

:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

And Robz150, what about Diarra, Le Tallec and Sinima-Pongolle, surely these guys should get a chance or two in the first team next season! If they don't I'll eat my hat...

If Houllier remains I think they'll get about as much as a chance as litmanen. I only put in the players I thought Houllier was likely to pick which means the old reliables if finnan comes in I can see carragher move to the left possibly with riise ahead of him if Duff is not bought. On second thoughs he is more likely to pick diao rather tham partridge unfortunately. Hope you've got a tasty hat:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Good article from Soccernet.com on how much Houllier has spent at Liverpool in the last few years ...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=264163&cc=5739

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=264163&cc=5739

£101 million !!!! and they'll never win the league, they're a joke !!!

Muaha ha ha.
    :D

What a joke?

That article just about sums up th eentire GH reign. At leat 80million of that was spent on rubbish. I don't know why Parry can't see whats going on. I'd say if he were to sell all the rubbish he'd have trouble scraping 20-25 million for them.

Unless GH makes some big signing soon that pay off he has to go. It's a matter of financial neccesity:rolleyes:

Oh man that's so depressing ! I knew it was bad, but reading about that long list of spanners is worse than a kick in the stones!
    Jean-Michel Ferri LOL that's a good one. Legend.

Here's an idea, we should email that article to Rick Parry. Maybe he'll wake up and smell the beans ;)

Originally posted by Space_Coyote
    Oh man that's so depressing ! I knew it was bad, but reading about that long list of spanners is worse than a kick in the stones!
    Jean-Michel Ferri LOL that's a good one. Legend.

Here's an idea, we should email that article to Rick Parry. Maybe he'll wake up and smell the beans ;)

Thats not a bad idea at all. Anyone have his email address:p

Ah no but seriously maybe liverpoolfc.tv could slot it in somewhere.

Speaking of that site the latest news today is that Babbell has been given an ultimatum to get fit or he's out and also Parry has put in a 4million bid for Steed Malbranque

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And I would too Mike. Always loved his silky little bits of footwork.
    I heard that same story a few weeks ago that his agent would give Liverpool first refusal on him.

Jonas Manuel Gutierrez - a 20 year old Argentinian midfielder has been given a weeks trial at Melwood. If it works out Liverpool will pay out 2million for his servicesa.

Anybody ever hear of this guy?

I heard the report all right but have never heard of the lad. What ever happened to that D'Allesandro lad that every team in Europe was looking at ? The new Maradonna they said :rolleyes:

Oh oh oh look at this

GH looking for another good player. And this isn't a rumour it's coming from the player himself.

Jeez ! He can have a fight-to-the-death with Abel Xavier. Winner gets to join Everton instead. The last thing we need is another promising young French lad. We're like the blinkin French Youth Academy as it is ! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Axe

Liverpool have so many problem areas its difficult to know where to start.

A real out and out striker with some presence in the box and a bit of heading ability would be very much welcome (a sort of young Niall Quinn), someone who can knock the ball down and who Owen can play off.

A right winger (although perhaps Murphy could fill this position with Gerrard and Hamann taking the central roles) would be nice.

Someone who isn't right footed or a complete donkey for left back (putting Carragher and Traore firmly out of the equasion).

An "Owen" type player in midfield, someone who can run about and create, with a bit of pace.

My God, its like a personals add, or a shopping list. Take note GH.

Advertisement