Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

halflife 2 ?

Options
  • 15-04-2003 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭

or just another mis-lead

could it be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Oh please god let it be :D

Probably not though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

with Valves record I wouldn't rely on anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

[homer]

mmmmmmmm.......halflife 2 ......awwwwwww

[/homer]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Want

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

If this is true there will be rejoicing................ however it wont happen, as the ninja will kill all who try to release this game :ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

We kid you not. Don't buy any other magazine until you see our exclusive blowout coverage of what's certifiably the biggest game currently in development. That's got you thinking, hasn't it? Oh, we'll have a great reviews slate, previews of an amazing new franchise, and more Hard Stuff - but you'll come for the unveiling of...
    lol, that could be any one of half a dozen pc games that are due soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

it is the advert that pulled in my attension though :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I'd say the most likely thing is that valve will actually announce half life 2 throw up a web site with a few tasty screens and then we wont hear anything about the game ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I wouldn't put too much stock in the Half-Life 2 thing in Edge. They've done this sort of thing before, had loads of gamers rush out to buy the next issue, only to discover that actually the feature is a retrospective on Half-Life and a few paragraphs whinging about the way Half-Life 2 isn't on the horizon yet...

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Half-Life 2 pops up at E3. Valve have taken so much flak recently that they're under a lot of pressure to show SOMETHING to the public.

Naturally, if HL2 is at E3, you'll be reading about it on websites like Eurogamer a fair bit before you'll see any concrete info in EDGE.... ;)

my memory's gone all funny... is e3 usually held in may or am i wrong?

• Advertisement

nice way of covering your bases there shinji :D

but come on shinji, there must be someone you know who can confirm or dispell the rumor :)

I need to know if edge is lying to me or not

(either way though, its a pretty smart add, which is why I think it could be true)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Oh please let it be true! PLEASE! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Shinji

Naturally, if HL2 is at E3, you'll be reading about it on websites like Eurogamer a fair bit before you'll see any concrete info in EDGE.... ;)

I've just realised that I only buy Edge because of the layout, the cover and the fact when I bring it to the checkout it might deflect attention away from my... other purchases....

What its less embarassing to be a gaming pervert then just a plain auld pervert :p ?
    /me pats his broadband connection

Its been nearly a year and a half since I bought my last gaming mag. Ever since PC gaming world got raped and pillaged I've just never been able to get into another mag. I was flying with gamespot.com until you had to pay for it. Now I'm residing in the warm bosum of eurogamer.net and long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Can't wait for this. Hope it has a decent enough storyline like Half-life 1, not just pretty graphics that get boring after about 5 mins (I'm very much a single player guy)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't be too sure of Eurogamer. That tight arse shinji will probably start charging us a fiver for the privilage (don't make fun) of reading his monkey grade scribblings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Sod off you :) EG will never charge for content. Ever.

And we've got some really cool stuff that'll be happening in the next month or so, for free as ever. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'd rather pay than have to watch that Zelda ad once more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

From planethalflife:
    Half-Life 2 rumors are starting to fly around, thanks to some nutty print magazines. People still read those? Anyways, it’s true: there will be some info on Half-Life 2 coming your way in less than a month. Finally.

It’s already pretty much public knowledge that HL2 is running on Valve’s new internally designed engine, so this will be our first peek at it. I think people will be surprised by the projected release date, though. I sure was...

EG will never charge for content. Ever.
    You do realise nobody here will ever forget you said that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

Further proof that half-life 2 is on the way?

Half-Life 2

image_15761.jpg
    looks pretty fake to me, like something a magazine would mock up for a feature...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

YES!!!

Finally after years of devout waiting those heartless bastards will give us a snippet.

Though so help me God if they show a 4 second video then leave, Im buying a shotgun, a map and a whoooole lot of ammo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭drjolt

Apparently the print embargo expires at the end of this month, more stuff then. Another cover image: http://www.gamer.nl/nieuws/17395. I just hope I can arrange a couple of weeks off when it comes out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

If its true...please god make them use another engine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by drjolt
    Another cover image: http://www.gamer.nl/nieuws/17395.

omfigz, whos teh chick?!!!?!

I can just see it now...

****topic in #Halflife2Fanboyz - NEKKID BOIRD IN HL2 FER SURE!

even the beeb are getting in on the show :D

bbc

With all this hype valvae will HAVE to give us something, or else there'll be flyin headbutts. And the ninja shall hunt them all down :ninja:

• Advertisement

Considering valves track record I'd still guess around 2/3 years from now before we see Halflife 2 released unless they've been doing a lot development on the sly. Having said that I'd also bet it will be one of the best damn games you'll see when its released. What engine would you like them to use? Quake 3 or UT2K3?

Advertisement