Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

halflife 2 ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    I hope they have loads of weird weapons like in the first game and not the latest trend of putting in realistic guns that only differ in look and the amount of damage they deal out.
    Hmmm have you played counter-strike? Every "realistic" gun in that game acts completely different not just how much damage it deals.
    Frankly the PC needs a game like HL2 desperately. I told everyone that HL would be better than Unreal and Sin and everyone laughed. Well I've a feeling this will be great and I haven't said that about a PC game in years ( except warcraft and starcraft).
    I was the same about the first Halflife something about Sin just made me think it was going to be pants compared to what valve were offering. Wasn't there another game called Pray that was competeing with Sin/Unreal/Halflife at the time? I liked the idea on how you could jump from one server to another while in game by going thru portals. Did that get dumped or was it so much of a flop that it went under radar? I'm openly admitting now that I'm a complete HL2 fanboi, can't wait to get my hands on it and I know its gonna be the best thing EVAR!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

He doesn't play CS because he's brutal at it...almost as brutal as Shinji (judging by the Megalan final) :p :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I don't think John Carmack has anything to be "shiting" about tbh.
    He will still make his money no matter what such is the way with PC games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Originally posted by Giblet
    I don't think John Carmack has anything to be "shiting" about tbh.
    He will still make his money no matter what such is the way with PC games.

I agree. Doom3 is going to be huge. Even if it turned out to be total crap which I just cant see happening, the name alone will shift a shít loads of units.

Carmack will be annoyed that Half Life 2 is going to steal the show (E3) even though it may not be as technically impressive as Doom3. I think Half Life 2 will be great in every way!

Carmack tends to be a little childish when discussing the opposition. Does anyone remember the PCGAMER interview with him years ago? He wouldn’t say one kind word about Epic and their frankly superior engine. He was extremely negative about them, everything was copying him and “we had done it all before” etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Firefox

Arn't we forgetting about a game called Halo 2. This will be one of the big hitters at E3 as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

He doesn't play CS because he's brutal at it...almost as brutal as Shinji (judging by the Megalan final)

No fair! I was REALLY bad in the final, but I played a blinder in the previous matches... I'm always wrecked and in a funny mood on the last day of a LAN, bah :)

Ohh yea, great excuse ;) To be fair, you did very well! Yee seemed well organised. Well done Vac (I own you) :p

Myself and Retro were supposed to be going to E3 this year, but I couldn't get the time off work :( I was going to give Carmack a piece of my mind...ah well...hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Carmack has a secret weapon though, he will bore the arse off you! BEWARE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Originally posted by Thorbar
    Wasn't there another game called Pray that was competeing with Sin/Unreal/Halflife at the time? Did that get dumped or was it so much of a flop that it went under radar?
    LOL, Pray :) Pray was one of two high profile projects 3D Realms started working on after Duke Nukem 3D. The other was Duke Nukem Forever. While they eventually admitted Pray was never going to happen, they still like to kid us on about DNF...

A

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got out of CS once it became clogged with arseholes. And i was crap (who can blame I never lasted 2 seconds playing against Hyp and Prae). I much prefer Half life style old school deathmatch with zany weapons.

I don't want realistic weapons cos I think they are boring. They may be good in an on-line game like CS but one look at the bore-fest of guns in SOF2 and RTCW and you will know what I mean. Variety = more fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I met one of relations today. Hadn't seen him in a while and guess what? Hes involved in the making of half life 2! I swear!

Its officially released next month. I saw pc gamers june revew. They wrote 3 pages on it. The graphics are much better. Apparantly each character is made up of 5000 polygons!

A big improvement in half life2 is software suplied by www.havok.com . This software calculates the physics of explosions and how bodies will fall. Sounds interesting. Its also the same software that was used in working out how bodies would fall when shot in the Matrix 2.

The setting for HL2 is in some imaginary world based on Eastern Europe. I only saw the pictures that will be in pc gamer.

I'm sorry but thats all I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

Originally posted by stereo_steve
    I met one of relations today. Hadn't seen him in a while and guess what? Hes involved in the making of half life 2! I swear!

Does that mean you can get it for free?, or some merchandise?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Advertisement