Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A.T.M.s

Options
  • 15-04-2003 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭

It's quite possible that this is a load of rubbish, but I've received a number of e-mails from different people today regarding a strike by securicor.

According to the emails the strike is to be carried out from friday and continue over the long weekend and as a result no ATMs will be refilled until Tuesday.

So it is advised that you take any money out during the week that you may need over the weekend.

AmZ
    xx

As i said I'm not 100% sure if this is accurate information maybe someone could shed some light on it. Otherwise just thought you'd be interested to know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

Lucky most the pubs are closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 johnston

this was only mooted for the uk, and it appears that stike action has been averted there.....so withdraw away this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Okey dokey johnston

Wasn't sure whether twas true or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭martinikarl

The Securicor strike is a Hoax. I thaught it smelled iffy so I called Securicor who referred me to a PR company. I called the PR company who confirmed that it is indeed a hoax. It must be a big one to warrant a PR company.

Karl Martini
    www.irishwisp.net

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I was curious to know if this was in fact true hence my posting it here. I was a bit surprised to receive e-mails from all the clubs and socs. in college this morning about it.

It wouldn't really have affected me anyway due to lack of funds in my bank account. I don't think my ATM card has seen the light of day since Christmas time!!!

(All donations greatfully received)

• Advertisement
Advertisement