Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvd region x

Options
  • 15-04-2003 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

anybody get the dvd region x thingy for their ps2, if so how did they find it......or did ye just chip the fukking thing.,.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

they were giving them away with certain ps2 mags last year, they'll prolly do it again soon.
    www.playstationchips.co.uk should have them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

cheers but its more of a how did you find it answer i was lookin for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I got it never used it though (it came with a mag) its ment to be ok just a small amount of picture quality and there are several versions the ones given away were v.18 and there up higher nowand the quality is alot better then that one. Hope this helped.

cheers de5p0i1er ill post here when i get it and have used it in case anyone else ever wants to know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

I used it alot before i got a region free player and its very good , does exactly what it says on the tin.

You just boot the cd , choose region then stick in you DVD, didnt notice and loss in picture or audio quality and it also works on RCE encoded dvd's which is an added bonus.

• Advertisement

lovely thats what i was loookin for, i hope the one ive ordered doesnt need a free memory card cuz i aint deleting my saved games just to watch a dvd....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

It dosnt require an entire memory card but does need a card, it dosnt take up much space , cant remember how much exactly.

dont know the rules about posting this but darth homer
    do you know of a good mod chip i can buy and install myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Mooman - you should be so lucky. Do you have microsoldering gear and experience of spot-soldering sub-millimetre-scale components? :)

a friend has a microsoldering kit from work.....i know itll be tough but id give it a go anyway...all i need is a magnifycing thingy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

did anyone find that the film was in black and when using region X on regioon1 dvds? my mate imported jackass and its always in b+w...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Probably because his TV isn't compatible with NTSC signals (We use PAL signals). Is the PS2 using a Scart lead or standard phono lead?

I have Region X too and it does the job, though I found I had to restart it the odd time as it seemed to crash. Don't use it much now since I bought a standalone multiregion DVD player.

Advertisement