Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

domain question

Options
  • 15-04-2003 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Folks

I have a domain the one below in my sig, now I have it for 3 years, but the company i paid for it and the hosintg company both have my xxxxx@ireland.com address which i no longer use cos it costs money, what will happen in about 2 years when mt subscription for the domain name runs out ??????

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by paddyc
    I have a domain the one below in my sig, now I have it for 3 years, but the company i paid for it and the hosintg company both have my xxxxx@ireland.com address which i no longer use cos it costs money, what will happen in about 2 years when mt subscription for the domain name runs out ??????
    Contact the server (portland.co.uk) and domain registration company (Verisign?) and get them to change the email address.
    Your server may have a control panel whereby the contact details may be changed.
    Actually - the whois for that site has a hotmail address for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

kbannon

how did you find this information out portland and versign ..... not that I am shouting at you... not at all, just so I know for the future.

thanks again, paddy:cool:

I did a whois search on www.netsol.com - the company that gives out domain names (.com etc.) and the info was listed there. I have removed the link to your details now that you have seen it.
    K.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If the registrar is Verisign/Netsol you may need to produce ID in order to update the details. However, if you registered it through them directly they should have given you an account number etc., so it shouldn't be too painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

Kbannon

how did you know it was registered at netsol to do a whois search there, or will that search for all domains regardless of which company they were registered with ?? If you know what I mean.:confused:

• Advertisement

I did a whois search - this returns the admin & tech details of a domain.
    you can do a whois search for any .com/.net /etc @ http://netsol.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois. (NetSol or Network Solutions are the crowd that give out these names [other companies just resell them]). There are loads of websites that will allow you to do a whois on a particular domain - I just prefer to use the whois service on netsol.com.
    When i did a whois for yours it told me that your tech contact is verisign and confirmed that you were the admin contact.
    (you can do a whois for .ie @ www.iedr.ie, hover over site map and then select whois.)
    Hope this makes it a bit clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

http://www.voyhost.com/whois/index.php?domain=bridgestonemuaythai&ext=com&submit=Check

Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.

Login to the control panel in http://www.networksolutions.com

You can change all the info in there hopefully

./Webmonkey

Advertisement