Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vice city pc - nyom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

you need the latest version of flash to view that page :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Is it any different than the PS2 version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Better graphics, better shooting controls. I think they're putting multiplayer in too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

it should be more customisable than gta3 pc too...
    new player skins, car models, buildings, play your own mp3's etc.

just look at the pictures, it obviously pwns the ps2 version

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

if there will be mods for it ill buy it otherwise ill stick to my ps2 version......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I think they're putting multiplayer in too.

No, they're not. Vice City is concievably a game which will be better with mouse control though (I still prefer the PS2 version of GTA3 to the PC version for a whole host of reasons), simply because they put some rock hard shooting missions in there which were frustrating as hell on the PS2.

I don't understand people replacing the in-game radio stations with their own MP3s though, I really don't. Those stations are genius - one of the best things about the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Who could forget the country music from the original GTA?

"Men-folk found their women scary
    'Cause they were so big and hairy..."

Divine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

its got a revamped dx9 engine...and no draw distance. it goes to the horizon...and beyond...
    erhm. and twice the play area of liberty city. etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Sarky
    Who could forget the country music from the original GTA?

"Men-folk found their women scary
    'Cause they were so big and hairy..."

Divine.

that was classic, and i remember it was the only radio station that u could listen to in the pick-up trucks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I have all of the GTA music encoded into MP3. Sad or what

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That looks gorgeous. I've only played the PS2 version of Vice City for a few minutes, but then I preferred the PC version of GTA3 over the PS2 one. I'm not sure why, but its probably something to do with having a keyboard and mouse that I'm so used to. I just suck with a joypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

http://www.rockstargames.com/vicecity/pc/ss/screen03.jpg

That's bloody faptastic, might consider buying this again for the PC anyone played it?

Its not out till the middle of may, apparently.

Play.com says they'll have it on the 16th, for STG£ 24.99.

/me preorders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Has everybody forgotten about the screens Rockstar released before the PS2 version came out? They looked wonderful too but the finished result was pretty variable.

I wonder will you need a beast of a system to get constant 30fps too. The game was originally designed for a PS2 and the framerate was all over the place in that version.

GTA3 ran fine on my PC at 1024x768x32. At the time (and also now, actually) I was running an XP1800+ with 512MB of RAM and a 64MB Ti4200 graphics card.

Blitz_moloy, think the PC version is going to be far better. I played both of the GTA3's and thought the PC version was far better. I ahs the ability to look way better, u can do more things and its not as restrictive as on a console
    Originally posted by stephen
    Its not out till the middle of may, apparently.

Play.com says they'll have it on the 16th, for STG£ 24.99.

/me preorders

/me follows stephens lead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

that was classic, and i remember it was the only radio station that u could listen to in the pick-up trucks!
    "that was chap lips calhoum and the alabama bottle boys. and ye know, that was so good, i reckon ill play it again"
    memories!
    [IDEA] im ging to rip the cd tracks of my GTA cd! [/IDEA]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by Shinji
    I don't understand people replacing the in-game radio stations with their own MP3s though, I really don't. Those stations are genius - one of the best things about the game.
    Yeah, I loved the adds - Pogo the monkey, Equinox, the Dormitron etc... how many of you actually went to the websites advertised on GTA3 radio? hmm?
    Brilliant.
    And the medics singing "rush rush to-de-a-o".... it just semed to gel everything together.

Thing is though Shin, you can only listen to the GTA3 radio stations for so long before they become a bit boring... it's pretty fun blazing through Portland at 120MPH in a Cheetah with your favourite choonz thumping out.
    Don't knock it till... (yadda yadda).

PS: You don't need to replace the radio stations in GTA3, just copy shortcuts to your mp3s into GTA3's mp3s folder and the contents show up as an additional radio station.

Originally posted by Praetorian
    I have all of the GTA music encoded into MP3. Sad or what
    :D same as that...
    i stuck the music from gta1 & 2 in gta3's mp3 folder when i was playing it, class stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭BeatTun

"good shot kid, you got em"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Dammit, no way that'll run on a 800MHz Duron :( Figures. Must see can I get a new mobo/processor for about €150 - about time I upgraded anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

i havn't played the ps2 version of this but i thought the fps wasa bit crap when i saw it. Will this b better for pc yeah?

Well, the framerate you get will depend on what hardware you're running the game on. If you've only got the bare minimum hardware, you're probably going to get shoddy framerates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

But basically it's the same exact game, only 7 months later. This is why I got a PS2 because I was sick of waiting for PC ports. If it's a choice of PC or PS2 and a near or simultaneous release, I'd go with PC, but 7 months or even 1.5 years for FF7. Just too long to wait..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

The add for the knife is great. The slicing sound followed by the ****ing hilarious groan had me laughing every time. The conversation with the depressed goth and the really, really, really happy woman was brilliant too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Hahaha, the one ad from Vice City that had me in f*cking knots was that one where it said something like "Lock up your daughters!" *sound of locking up* "Shoot your sons!" "DAD!!" *BOOM* ahahahah :D

Eurogamer posted news of videos of Vice City PC being released - get em here: http://games.tiscali.cz/clanek/patche2.asp?id=5405

They're around 5MB each I think, DivX format.

gamecube & xbox owners might find this interesting...
    http://www.nintendonow.com/news/1125.html

seems gta3 & vice city might be on the way in 2004

• Advertisement

Originally posted by tman
    i stuck the music from gta1 & 2 in gta3's mp3 folder when i was playing it, class stuff.

thats a really good idea, i wish i thought of that! Also i only put a select few (like 10) choons on cuz i just love all the other stations, and the adds. I never really listened to the classical station though.

Also r all 4 of those videos good? if not which r good, cuz i'm 56ker so i won't be d/l all of 'em, and so i want to d/l the good ones

"that was chap lips calhoum and the alabama bottle boys. and ye know, that was so good, i reckon ill play it again"
    memories!

oh yeah brilliant, i think i might get it out and have an ol' play of it again!

Advertisement