Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2p

Options
  • 15-04-2003 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Ok what is people's fav P2P programme?

ME:

Kazaa Lite

Pros
    - Free
    - No spyware
    - Alot of users
    I'm sure you can think of more

Cons
    - full of crap

I can't think of any right now but i do have some more

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

I refuse to use them. Period.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

kazaa lite

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

Bittorrent client.

pros
    - very reliable downloads (unlike kazaa,they have some sort of verifier as the file is downloaded.ie. no crc errors)
    -No spyware
    -generally fast speeds immediately ( unlike kazaa searching for more sources....)

cons
    -you have to check back to get the most recent files lest everyone has got it thereby finish sharing/seeding it.
    -you share as you are downloading ,tho this is only fair and this is the crux of the whole system

i would suggest people serious into p2p to check it out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

I don't subscribe to using these but if I did , emule would win hands down :P

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Emule
    pros
    -lots of users
    -reliable downloads
    -no spyware
    -its not KaaZaa ;)

cons
    -can be slow
    -potential long waits on queues

I also like DirectConect & BitTorrent.
    Avoid iMesh unless you want a shíteload of spyware on your system :ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I use Kazaa Lite besically because of the sheer number of peeps on it, (right now there is 3.5 million people sharing 766 milion files) you can find practically anything ... I use Kazaa Lite with K++ (gives participation level 1000, fixes it so you can search as much as you want, along with some other stuff like you can stop uploads if you want to i.e. not share) ... I use seperate apps autosearchmore and speedup as well, pretty good speed on downloads ...

The cons are that there is a load of crap to go through ... not to mention stuff riddled with viruses ... and there are all those companies that are employed by the software companies to mangle applications and share them out (thereby reducing the percentage of working copies, which in turn pisses peeps off and they stop using kazaa) :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Currently BitTorrent, as it's fast fast fast with the newer TV stuff.

That said I also use KazaaLite (the new version with the automatic search again function is excellent and it's now possible to download only verified files) for most films.

I love the eMule too though, for the more obscure or older films and the harder to find series (Prisoner, Father Ted, League of Gentlemen)

WinMX is muck, though, and I've never been able to get anythign off Direct Connect.

Advertisement