Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MANSUN have split up...........

Options
  • 15-04-2003 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

:(:(:(:( they were my favourite band too. who or what will fill my existential void now?????????? WHAT AM I GOING TO DO????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

it's ok.... i was the same when the pumpkins left me.... you'll move on and find another band.... just give it some time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

That's a bit of a shame. I quite liked Mansun. Saw them in the Ambassador. I felt terrible when Brando split up. They were my favourite band. I know you feel the pain too Tyrrial!
    You ain't suffering alone Deco!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i remember how heart broken i was when pavement split.... painful painful memories......
    shame about mansun though, was never really a huge fan but i quite liked them none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

And i was listening to Six earlier on today.....
    Bah they are gone. Pity though, they were a good band. You know what i hated though, if you said you were listening to Mansun on your walkman, minidisc, etc everyong automatically goes "Marlyn Manson?", grrrr

Originally posted by D-Generate
    And i was listening to Six earlier on today.....
    Bah they are gone. Pity though, they were a good band. You know what i hated though, if you said you were listening to Mansun on your walkman, minidisc, etc everyong automatically goes "Marlyn Manson?", grrrr

that's what i though when mewzel told me she liked mansun....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    that's what i though when mewzel told me she liked mansun....

i also find i have this problem with the whole blink vs. blink 182 thing. grr everyone!

Originally posted by Mewzel
    i also find i have this problem with the whole blink vs. blink 182 thing. grr everyone!

she's a very angry girl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

ahhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*cries*

is little kix their last album now?

boohoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Wide open space is a fantastic tune so it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I never liked mansun so im not disappointed they split up
    but at least everbody can rejoice in the fact toplader split up recently if I ever hear dancing in the moonlight again ill strangle the dj and if I did id be the one in troube with the cops.
    Also you think people mixing blink with blink 182 or mansun with marilon mansun is anoying it doent copare to people thinking you are lisining to will young instead of neil young.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Cozpyro

I suppose all good things must come to an end. No use flogging themselves if it's not what they are into any more. The music would end up sounding crap anyway.

I suppose we should take solice in the fact that most of the material they have released is excellent.

Tax Loss still ranks right up there as one of my favourite music videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

--she makes mmmeeeeee bllllleeeeeeeeeedddddddd

oh yeah she makes me cryy-yyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Originally posted by Mewzel

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee toooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    I hate them, I hate them soooooo much!!!! (B182 that is)

Ah Deco its ok we will go and get wrecked and go to Dominion and get you a woman to ease yer pain..........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'd been hearing rumours about this for 6 weeks now but chose not to believe em.

Seems theres no denying it now
    http://mansun.net/news/20030502135522.html

Mansun 1995-2003 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

Is that they wont release the new albumn that some of us fortunate people heard some of at that ambassador gig,that was one of the best gigs ive ever been to,it was short but sweet, and we heard mansun material that sounded like their best since attack,the **** thing was they really did sound at their peak,if you listen to attack or six, you can hear great potential as for little kix great songs destroyed by a bad producer(he ruined the police in my opinion,my opinon not gospel although i am a saint)

If anyone knows of a place where i can hear them songs please let me know,
    the albumn is in the can but it wont be released im so pissed off about that.
    As for the pumpkins breaking up,imagine the pumpkins if they were still making records? If you think about it logically after mellon collie where could they go,just like pink floyd after wish you were here,the manics after this is my/everything must go, r.e.m after new adventures (although up is alright),soundgarden after down on the upside.

why did they split up

that's awful about the album not being released, surely they'll just finish things off.....

for my sake anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭stez

Toploader split up....? WOOO F**KING HOO, bout time an all

Advertisement