Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right this is a rant and rave against eircom

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by fatguy
    I just wanted to remind you all of the difference between Eircom and Eircom Net. For strict legal reasons, Eircom Net cannot receive any preferential treatment from Eircom. This includes information as well as services.

The person you are chatting to is a tech at Eircom Net DSL support. They have a web page that checks phone numbers against a database of line checks. That database is provided by Eircom. Eircom Net cannot run line checks, and cannot get someone from Eircom to check your line again. As you were told it costs €70 to get one done, and they can't be wasting that kind of money on what will essentially be a futile exercise. If the line failed once, there's little or no chance it will have fixed itself.

There is clearly a difference between Eircom Net's database and IOL's. You seem to be assuming that Eircom Net's is the one that is wrong. Just be aware of all possibilities.

Thats bull fatguy, it is not and i repeat is not eircom net that supplies DSL but eircom, when comreg put in my complaint against eircom they sent it to eircom.net who duly rang me to say they do not supply the DSL product but that EIRCOM does point 1 you made dead in the water

As for your asssertion that if a line fails that it you can never get it That is also BULL, over and over and over again in this forum people have been told they cant get DSL even though there exchange had been enabled, and with constant heckilng phone calls and complaints to comreg ETC, they now have it, look at this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94165 and youll see that im not lying

So in future please for god sake get your facts straight before you post anything in future, its people like you who put people off fighting for there rights, besides all that were paying for half a service, eircom are not providing the full range of services that the consumer is supposed to have access to because plain and simple eircom dont give a **** about us and until more people get up and fight them then its going to remain that way

God my bloods boiling better stop

SHIN

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by De Rebel
    If Eircom Net happen to be doing some support work on behalf of Eircom that is not a legal constraint. The contract is between the customer and Eircom Limited.

My understanding is eircomnet supply tech support for customers, and manage/supply the ip connectivity.

Well it seems comreg are not going to help me after all, my contact there has passed me onto someone who has already stated that she is not going to help me

So im afraid that my campaign stops here, theres nothing more i can do, ive tried fighting them but they have won, im exhausted, i cant bother doing anything about this anymore.

It seems the deadline has passed for the answer to comregs complaint against eircom, they havent replied, so far as comreg is concerned thats that

SHIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭super_canard

well..well.well... Comreg ain't doing nothing.. what a change really...
    do they have a real function really?
    I mean after all their the one who should put pressure on eircom...
    I'm starting to think we should get on comreg rather than wasting time on eircom...
    Until comreg gets something...(dunno what really... as I don't even know what their supposed to do, and do they have any actuals powers of any kind?)...
    Should we start bothering comreg... "in mass" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by shinzon
    Well it seems comreg are not going to help me after all, my contact there has passed me onto someone who has already stated that she is not going to help me
    It seems the deadline has passed for the answer to comregs complaint against eircom, they havent replied, so far as comreg is concerned thats that

SHIN

What specific complaint did did you make to Comreg?

What part of it (or all ) did they refuse to help you with

what were the stated reasons.

have you told your local paper about this and also WLR, making sure you give them the names in Comreg so they can make enquiries about the little problem down there, headline like

'Waterford Gets No Broadband until 2005 Unlike Cork and Limerick who have Broadband since 2002' problem kinda problem.

• Advertisement

1) The specific complaint is on page one of this post

2) All of it

3) No stated reason only that i received a letter from a person higher un in comreg that stated that it was ridiculous claim i was making and that eircom have 2000 BB signups a week, it may have been slightly over the top to say there was a 100% failure rate of line tests in waterford but its close enough

4) no

And Waterford already has 2 exchanges enabled for BB, its like it doesnt have it or anything, its just no residential user can get it

And just to get specific about the complaint, I stated on the 11th of april i was told i had passed the broadband line test and 5 days later for no stated clearcut reason it failed, just like a lot of other poster in here

SHIN

And just to get specific about the complaint, I stated on the 11th of april i was told i had passed the broadband line test and 5 days later for no stated clearcut reason it failed, just like a lot of other poster in here

SHIN
    Be happy you have been closer to get ADSL than most of us... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

1) The specific complaint is on page one of this post

The first post tells us that Eircom have a sh1te customer service department :D . Have you asked ESAT for a 1Mb business connection (different line test ) have you rung 1800512128 Business ADSL , "a different test if you ask for 1Mb ADSL)
    2) All of it

Telling Comreg that Biddy is an Incompetent Inconsistent and Rude bitch is like telling an Arab that oil is black, not worthy of investigation per se.
    3) No stated reason only that i received a letter from a person higher un in comreg that stated that it was ridiculous claim i was making and that eircom have 2000 BB signups a week, it may have been slightly over the top to say there was a 100% failure rate of line tests in waterford but its close enough

Write back and ask them to show cause for their claim. You live in Waterford and they don't. You should attach short supporting claims from other affected persons in Waterford. Then ask Comreg to check Eircom stats on the matter and to compare signup rates and the database data on line passes.
    4) no

And Waterford already has 2 exchanges enabled for BB, its like it doesnt have it or anything, its just no residential user can get it

Tell Comreg that you want a detailed explanation of why it passed first and then failed. After all, Comreg investigated and have the data. The test results are on an Eircom database...meaning both the correct and incorrect results.

It strikes me (from your overall complaint) that Waterford has the worst lines in Urban Ireland with a "near 100%" failure rate in residential areas. That is a scandal and the Local Papers/WLR should find out why from Comreg and from Eircom too. If you lot down there cant get collectively worked up about it then I cant do so on your behalf.

No residential Broadband availability will keep housing affordable down there in the future though!

M

Im waiting for a response from the person who im in contact with, i sent a strongly worded e-mail to her expressing my complete dissatifaction at her handling of my case.

Only last night a friend of mine tested his line for ESAT DSL, he got back no service available in your area at this time, hes literally next door to one of the exchanges, im a mile away from him, and i passed for ESATS 90 pound package when it was out.

And come to think of it it raises another question, what is actually the differences in line testing betwenn a 1 meg business connection and the RADSL test.

A sort of pay more well give it to you attitude I suppose

SHIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

shinzon,

Having dealt with Eircom. I believe that it is a total waste of verbal and nervous energy talking to anyone employed by them.

Always put everything in writing preferably addressed to the Managing Director. Register the letter so that no one can deny receipt, and always keep a copy of all letters sent , as they can be produced in evidence.

As for how despondent and helpless you feel. That is only natural for obvious reasons. However, the power of the pen is wonderful and as *Muck has suggested you should inform the local & National media in writing addressed to the Newsdesk ofthe appropriate publication. If you know of any other locals that have also had similar bad experiences and are prepared to give public quotes to the media?, then you will have a story that the media should jump on!.

Use the media expertise and experience at dealing with and exposing social injustices involving ordinary citizens!. Who do they rely on to buy thier papers? Joe Public of course and who do the public like to read about - its the little man fighting the Giant anonymous unsympathetic power crazed conglomerates who are fleecing Irish citizens all day and every day.

That is the avenue I would go down if I was you.

Good luck.

Paddy20;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

. I believe that it is a total waste of verbal and nervous energy talking to anyone employed by them.

Whilst this is true for the standard 1901/DSL sales lines (looks at fatguy with raised eyebrow) I have actually I have spoken to some very reasonable 'high-up' people and they are very professional and courteous - it's a bit like dealing with two separate companies...they don't always tell you what you want to hear though

I pity anyone trying to get anything done properly in eircom...I suspect they just dump most of the dross on the 1901/10 lines - strong unions in eircom doncha know.

The numbers to contact are there on the site if you dig hard enough or depending who you PM ;)

Don't give up...

Looks like IOL is finally waking up.. they offered me (so far by e-mail) 2 choices,... self install and techinstall... They went much further than eircom LOL... So.. I'll wait and see... naybody else got contacted by iol? (www.iol.ie, then click no brodband... and order..errrrr.. 60-70 times.. they will eventually contact you :-) yes yes .. they will... one day).

A friend of mine has just applied for and passed eircoms line test, in an estate thats just up the road from me and is further away from the exchange then me

I wish to god someone would tell me wtf is Eircom upto, im so sick of this whole situation it just boggles the mind

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

Give Eircom his phone number and use it as an example and reason for why they should strive to give you ADSL.. I know the supervisor asked me for the phone number of the person on my exchange who was passed, then failed, then passed again..

It's worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

same thing happened me, I'm in a new estate and as the crow flies 2 houses 100m further away from exchange have BB and I can't get it, (I've told eircom this but they say "it happens")

just got a call from eircom, i was talking to a high up muckety muck, very nice person i must say, considering what I have been talking to, she said that eircom are doing further tests on my line and that she will talk to product support and find out why it passed then failed and if necessary get someone out to do further tests at the house.

it must have been comreg after all as i havent been talking to anyone in days from either comreg or eircom

light at the end of the tunnel I bloody hope so

more breaking news soon

shin

Comreg directs me to someone else in there department, without going into to much detail and not posting private correspondence ill post one quote only

"theres nothing much we can do for you"

great EH

Shin

Advertisement