Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some nice HHH bitching

• 15-04-2003 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

this is taken from here: http://www.moodspins.com/popmain.htm

Triple H is the biggest fraud the wrestling business has ever seen. Since 1995, he has been a fixture at WWE, winning seven World Championships and highlighting numerous Pay-Per-View events -- despite the fact that he has never drawn a dime.

To start, I will say one thing. Triple H is, without a doubt, the smartest and most charming man in the wrestling business. His cunning ways are not to be denied, and I will definitely give the devil his due.

That charm has pulled the wool over the eyes of more than one individual. Just look at HHH's track record since joining WWE. He comes in in 1995, and immediately buddies up with The Clique (HBK, Nash, Razor, X-Pac), then the most powerful faction in the WWE locker room. By 1997, he started dating Chyna, the biggest female draw in the company's history. And by 2000, he was involved with Stephanie McMahon, and with Chyna no longer of use to him, he broke up with her and sent her packing. So he's got friends in very high places.

HHH used to be -- emphasis on "used to be" -- one of the elite workers in the wrestling business. But he was never a draw. The only time he was ever an attraction was when he was with other people who were proven draws -- Triple H WITH D-Generation X. Triple H WITH Chyna. Triple H VERSUS Stone Cold or Rock. But "Triple H" alone means NOTHING. Look at his pitiful babyface run from Jan-July 2002 for an example of that. Why do you think he's been so high on forming this "Evolution" faction? Because HHH's marketability relies on the fact that he's got others around him to make him look stronger and to protect his weaknesses.

It's pretty well known in the WWE locker room that HHH and Stephanie don't like Stone Cold or Rock, and bad-mouth them to Vince at any given opportunity. Proof positive that HHH really is an ungrateful a--hole: HHH made all his money with those two. But put HHH in a room with Vince, and he'll be talking about how Rock isn't committed to the business anymore, so why do anything with him beyond the bare minimum? Or he'll talk about how Austin's washed up, his best days behind him. Talk in the locker room is that HHH does so because he's so jealous of those two, and he feels badmouthing them will put him ahead of them in Vince's mind. And it has seemingly worked.

So it should come as no surprise to anyone that Stone Cold returned from his initial neck injury in September 2000, and Stephanie became head of the WWE creative team in October 2000 -- no doubt at the behest of Triple H. He knew that with Austin coming back, he'd need to protect his spot like nobody's business -- and that with Steph in charge of creative, he was golden.

It was also in September 2000 that HHH took part in one of the more obvious examples of his disregard for the business. The HHH-Angle-Stephanie love triangle was going on in full force, and was, by all accounts, the best storyline WWE had ever done. It was attracting men AND women -- truly a big moment for the business. The payoff was to have had Stephanie go off with Kurt, which was what EVERYONE wanted to see. But HHH -- knowing that Stephanie was his meal ticket, knowing that he couldn't go back with Chyna, knowing that Austin was back in the picture, and knowing that he wasn't figured into the World Title picture any time soon -- argued vehemently that that wasn't the way to go, and basically nixed the whole thing. The result was a short stop on what could have been THE story to turn WWE into a real men's soap opera. No storyline has even come close since, and this one did more to ruin the fans' confidence in WWE storytelling than anything before or since. Why should they emotionally invest in WWE characters when there's no payoff?

That November was when HHH was dropped in a car at Survivor Series, an accident which would have KILLED anyone else. But there Hunter was on TV, eight days later, not a scratch on him. The appearance became a running gag around WWE offices in Stamford, and absolutely killed the notion of selling injuries.

Then, a few months later, HHH pulled another fast one. Steve Austin was to turn heel at Wrestlemania 17, and HHH was petrified that he would soon be losing his top heel spot to the Rattlesnake. So HHH pushed hard for the Two-man Power Trip storyline, where the two would team up. Nevermind that they had been trying to KILL EACH OTHER just months earlier. The two teamed up, and HHH took every opportunity to overshadow Austin, to make Austin look like a punk, even though AUSTIN WAS THE CHAMPION and AUSTIN WAS THE DRAW. To this day, HHH tells people he thinks the storyline would have worked had he not torn his quad in May 2001. HHH is the ONLY one who believes this.

When HHH tore his quad, he knew he wouldn't be able to work as well as he once did when he came back. And when working is the ONLY thing that you do really well, it's time to get cerebral. So HHH started tinkering with creative even more, getting more involved with the creative process than ever.

Upon his return, HHH did in fact suck a big one in the ring. In fact, since his return, he's had exactly TWO good matches. TWO. There was Hell in a Cell against Chris Jericho last May at Judgment Day, and SummerSlam against Shawn Michaels. TWO MATCHES IN 15 MONTHS. Other guys would have already been FIRED for that track record. And just look at the extenuating circumstances in those two matches:

Judgment Day -- the most over gimmick match in WWE, against one of WWE's best workers, double juice, barbed wire...

SummerSlam -- HBK's first match in five years, street fight, ref bumps, double juice, sledgehammers, table spots, chairs...

Those are all things WWE throws into a match to cover up for the participants' weaknesses. In fact, when was the last time you saw a HHH PPV match that DIDN'T have a gimmick, or chairs, sledgehammers, ref bumps, blood, outside interference, etc.? The answer -- you didn't. He hasn't had one since he came back, but he has still fooled so many people into thinking he's a draw.

Yet, the only time HHH has ever drawn money, it's been through coincidence or circumstance. Either he was paired with a draw (HBK, Chyna, Steph), or against a draw (Foley, Rock, Austin), or it was a time when EVERYTHING in the business was drawing (late 1999, 2000). Hell, the MOST over HHH ever was -- in early 2000 -- was when he was partnered with THREE McMahons, AND with DX, AND facing Foley and Rock every week! Hell, put ME in that situation, and I'll draw too!

Honestly, though, I don't blame HHH for WWE's problems right now. For all his manipulation, the bottom line is that Vince McMahon is still the one who makes the ultimate decisions.

Here's the problem. Vince doesn't live in the real world; he lives in a world that people outside the business couldn't even begin to comprehend. Because of his constant week-in, week-out work schedule, Vince doesn't get free time. He never watches TV outside of WWE, and doesn't interact with many people outside the wrestling business. He doesn't understand real life. So his only means of decision-making is through his inner circle, consisting of Linda, Shane, Stephanie, HHH, his road agents and his creative team -- and I include "creative team" very tentatively, because according to a friend of mine closely involved with the team, Vince hardly even listens to them, often telling them that they will "eat **** and learn to like it." I will also take Linda and Shane out of the equation -- since neither is on the road full-time, Vince often doesn't consult either before making day-to-day creative decisions.

So that leaves Stephanie, HHH and the agents. The agents -- including Johnny Ace, Fit Finley, Michael Hayes, Arn Anderson, Tony Garea and Terry Taylor -- are the ones who help put matches together, and from what I know, Vince listens to them more than to anybody. But think about this -- the agents' survival in the wrestling business depends on looking good in Vince's eyes. And the best way to stay on Vince's good side is to be on Stephanie and HHH's good sides, since they're the ones he listens to most. So the agents -- who are supposed to be these impartial judges of which wrestlers should be featured and highlighted -- are as biased as they come. Think about it -- most of these guys have never drawn a dime in the wrestling business, yet are still around. Obviously they know how to play the game, pun intended.

Vince's agents -- none of whom have had to actually pay for the wrestling product in years, and none of whom fit into WWE's target demo -- tell him that HHH is still the man, that he's the best guy they've got. Vince's creative team -- most of whom were still in your shoes just a few years ago, and most of which fit right into the target demo -- have been SCREAMING to Vince for a year now that HHH isn't what the people want to see, and that they should instead elevate people such as RVD.

But Vince will listen to the agents.

Why else does Vince love Hunter so much? Hunter is the kid Vince never had. Shane's a nice guy, but by some accounts he doesn't have the cerebral mind of Vince or of HHH. And Stephanie is just a dolt; in fact, my buddy tells me that her role as head of the creative team is an absolute joke. He tells me that she's nothing more than a glorified middle man, and that every time she opens her mouth, the team imagines HHH as the ventriloquist and her as the dummy. I also hear that Stephanie is a joke to most of them, and in fact to most people in the company. So HHH is the child Vince always wanted -- intelligent, well-spoken, great mind for the business, loyal to a fault.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

When Steve Austin walked out on Vince last June, Vince found it hard to trust a lot of people in his locker room. This was Steve Freaking Austin, the biggest draw in the history of his company, leaving him high and dry. Vince panicked, and decided that the only people he could trust now was his family. Rocky was gone filming a movie, so Vince thought back to 1999 and to all the brainwashing HHH and Stephanie had done with him, and assumed that HHH had been the reason why Rock and Austin were drawing so much money. So in the booking meeting where the decision was made to split the RAW and SmackDown titles (and by the way, HHH doesn't just sit in on production meetings at TV tapings -- he also sits in on most booking meetings in Stamford during the week), HHH easily convinced Vince that he should be the first RAW champion. The plan was for RVD to win the title at Unforgiven. HHH had that changed. Then the plan was for Kane to win it at No Mercy. HHH had that changed too. The stroke that Steve Austin once had was now transferred to HHH.

As for Stephanie? She is BLINDED. She's a 26-year-old KID with a big head who knows NOTHING. She's been handed EVERYTHING she has on a silver platter, and her last name is the ONLY thing she has going for her. Now granted, it's a hell of a last name to have, but still, she's nothing more than a JOKE to most people in the company. Between her two disgustingly large boobs (and that's not the only work she's had done, by the way), her TERRIBLE acting (you'd think after four years on TV, she would have improved past "wrinkle your nose for emphasis") and her know-it-all attitude, it's clear that she's beyond clueless. Stephanie is the fat girl who now gets to date the quarterback, which is why she loves HHH. And he really is a charming, smart guy -- a manipulator, yes, but a perfect guy for the Billion Dollar Princess. And for someone who knows that wrestling is the way to earn daddy's love, dating HHH is the perfect way to get in daddy's good graces.

"But," you might be saying, "HHH is willing to give back. After all, he did job the title to Hulk Hogan last year, and he has been willing to work with guys like Steiner." Think about it -- guys like RVD, Kane and Booker are threats to Hunter. They're all better than he is, and they all have a tremendous upside. So HHH fights his way out of putting them over. Guys like Hogan and Steiner and even Shawn Michaels, their best days are behind them, and when HHH puts them over, it only makes Vince realize how washed up the others are, making HHH look better in comparison. If I was HHH, I'd be willing to do business with those schlubs too -- it makes me seem like a "company guy," and makes me look better in comparison. But if I make RVD look like a million bucks, then he may start making some serious money for the company, and then I lose my spot. HHH may say he's all about the business, and that the company comes first, but that is BULL, and everyone at that company will tell you so.

The plan as of now, as I hear it, is to do a six-man at Backlash, for a successful defense against Nash in May, and to drop the title to Goldberg in June. But just you watch -- I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that HHH has already started badmouthing Goldberg to Vince, and come June, either HHH will retain, or Goldberg will leave the company in frustration.

Sorry to ramble so much -- I'm not much of a writer, and I'm sure I could have said most of this in about half the length. But I hope you found this read somewhat enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I agree with everything said in those statements give the title to RVD, Booker T, Kane or Y2J at least then there will be a champion worth watching on Raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

nice one its nice to get some proper info into what is actually happening in the wwe company.

iv always had my suspicions about hhh he might be big,strong and have a powerful stage prescence but he seems quite limited in his movesets, finisher etc!

it must so frustrating for the raw roster to week in week out have to put up with his **** and every month to have to lose to him in the pay per views!!

i can see a lot of wrestlers leaving raw and trying to jump ship to smackdown instead or even leaving smackdown altogether!

further more id hate to see goldberg as champion.
    the man has no talent whatsoever him coming to raw and winning on the back of his wcw record is a disgrace!

he has like 5moves and uses them in the same sequence every match

rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Goldberg is a joke. He couldnt even sell that spear on the Rock ffs and that one of the more basic moves. All the pushing in the world wont get that pleb over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Goldberg and HHH are made for each other no talent big stage presence and hype the two of them need to be sent back to wrestling school to learn some new move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

im afrade to brake it to you's but hhh although not a milliant the talent he was in 2000 there is no face good enough to hold the title on raw. RVD is stiff and pridictable(although he is good at tag matches because kane is there to brake the pridictability) Kane was only a heavy waight because he undersold moves and he isnt doing that any more they both have thepromo skills of test. Booker T cant wrestle although his caracter is good.Goldburg same moves over and over. Stone Cold is injered and Papa Pumps is a joke.the only 2 respectable people for the belth are Jeriko and Christane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭steveocn300

HHH is one of the best wrestlers in the business whether u like him or not. Yeah he was in DX and The Clique but that only enhanced his popularity. Triple H has deserved to headline the pay per views he has had some great matches in his time.

Advertisement