Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thank god its dead!

• 22-05-2000 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭

That post about online names was really really annoying smile.gif I guess it just died of old age or summit smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Speaking of old age, what was your very first ever internet nick...? tongue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Hmmm... my first Internet nick... That goes back to about 1994 or '95... dang, thats not an easy one... I can't really be sure but it was either my actual NAME (argh!), "Weirdo" (being a telnet talker nick that someone passed on to me), or X-Press (being the name of the college newspaper I was helping to run at the time). Then there was "pulse", which was just a usenet nick really (and I'm sure that causes a few cringes out there for whoever here uses the ie.* newsgroups, - for some insane reason some users there decided to award 'pulse' some degree of infamy), "masterWEB" on IRC (which was a nick which I utterly hated, - it was a twist on the job description I had - the word "webmaster", which I also totally hate). Nowadays I'm known either as my name (on Usenet), "Tigger" (on IRC... a more 'fun' nick) or "Bard" on here.

And thats me...
    NEXT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

hmmm, was a quake nick.

Decoy, first used in my first ever quake LAN game, CA coincidentally in Maynooth. Gand kept calling me a camping muppet smile.gif hehe.

(at least I'm prety sure it was gandalf... memory fading...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

NOOOOOOO
    ITS ALIVE!!!!!! frown.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well I first used VMP (short for Vamp)when putting the highscores on arcade machines but then I started using AMP (not short for anything). Now I seem to have achieved total nick harmony. I am amp everywhere. Except at the weekends when I like to be called Nora.

IT LIVES..... AGAIN!

p.s It just goes to show Paladin, people are intensely interested in themselves. Myself very much included.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 23-05-2000).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement