Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird xp problom

• 15-04-2003 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right my dads friend brought over his lil over one year old dell computer he said there could be somthn wrong with the devices so i thought right maby theres a driver error . low and behold there is no devices at all . not one . nothing is listed .

its the first time ive seen somthn like this and the mind is gone i cant think of any reason for it

ive looked at his rights in users and he has all the rights of a admin

any ids for what could be wrong ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

ill give you the tech support answer " You've got to reinstall windows" i dont even bother trying to fix most windows problems just renstall it if it bugs you that much , other than that install the latest service pack and patchs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Before you reinstall check the BIOS. It sounds similar to my USB problem. USB controller turned out to be disabled in the BIOS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

yes but its not just the usb thats the problom its everything that should be in the device manager is nolonger there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have seen that before with 98! After installing sometimes... Only about 3 listings or so in device manager. So as was suggested.. format and reinstall.. an overinstall might also fix but starting from scratch is better. you COULD try the add new hard ware wiz but i doubt it will fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ye think ill just *sigh*reinstall

• Advertisement
Advertisement