Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking an x box

Options
  • 15-04-2003 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Does anyone out there know how to unlock the x box to play multi region dvds????????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

Muhahahah

google my son

most dvds play any region, you just need to (Normally) enter a code thru the standard remote or buy one of em magic one for all things,

im sure the xbox is capable ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I myself use the Matrix modchip which requires no soldering and does the job well. It allows you to play multi-region DVD's and also turns off the Macrovision software. I was forced to use this chip as the X-Box wouldn't allow me to play the some DVD's as I have a TV/VCR combo and the macrovision screwed the playback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 upmanu

You will have to get your xbox modded and then get the evolution dashboard installed and then dvd region free dongle which also cuts out the need for a remote control....if u want further help check out my site in my signature

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Just be aware that if and when XBox Live ever launches, your modded Xbox will not get in on the action.

I also happened to read in ie.comp that they're soon to start testing for Live here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by D-Generate
    I myself use the Matrix modchip which requires no soldering and does the job well. It allows you to play multi-region DVD's and also turns off the Macrovision software. I was forced to use this chip as the X-Box wouldn't allow me to play the some DVD's as I have a TV/VCR combo and the macrovision screwed the playback.

Does the matrix modchip clear up all that pixellation crap that im seeing on some DVDs that i play on the x-box

SHin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 upmanu

Not exactly true m8!
    Fitting a switch to executor 2 will enable you to play xbox live as it will still boot from original msdash.xbe, although if you have upgraded your hard drive then you will not be able to play live....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Shinzon, check the back of the DVD boxes on some of the DVD's that aren't working properly. If it says Macrovision anywhere on it then the chip will fix it. More than likely that is the problem because I used to have screwed up images on some macrovision DVDs, e.g The Matrix but when I got the chip it played perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by D-Generate
    Shinzon, check the back of the DVD boxes on some of the DVD's that aren't working properly. If it says Macrovision anywhere on it then the chip will fix it. More than likely that is the problem because I used to have screwed up images on some macrovision DVDs, e.g The Matrix but when I got the chip it played perfectly.

will do nps, how easy is it to install this chip

shin

Advertisement