Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italian Grand Prix

• 15-04-2003 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Heading to Monza this year and never been to a grand prix before, heading with a mate and might be meeting up with a few other mates. Bit of an issue though the mates i'm meeting up are getting tickets for the parabolica interna turn number 23 (tickets are fairly cheap). Though myself and the other mate are not sure whether to get tickets for ascari 3 turn number 12 which is about a 100 euro more expensive but looks real good

http://www.gpt.at/e_gpt.htm

circuit map can be seen here, both stands have T.V coverage etc.
    Just wondering has anyone any advice on which to take, anyone been to any, what would you recommend, or will not just not give a **** on race day?

cheers

data

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

If you're big into F1 go for the 1st corner (box 8). That's where it all happens at Monza. A friend of mine was there a couple of times and he always goes for that spot. It will cost you that bit extra but it's worth it.
    Other than that go for Curva del Vialone (box 12) or Ascari (box 13, 15 or 17). This should be a good spot as well - the car will be braking down from 342km to 148km, adn up to 247km - great change of speed.
    Also make sure that you will have a good view of one of the big TV screens - if you're in one of the stands you should get one by default.
    But if you're not that big into F1 and you don't think you'll get much out of a stand ticket, go for general admission. You'll be free to go and watch the race from anywhere you like, except the stands of course. It's less comfortable, but you'll be able to have the crack with your mates, a few drinks in the Italian sunshine, eye-up the Italian chicks, the odd glance at the race - what more could you ask for?

monza.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

quite a big fan and am there for the race which i wanna see, won't get there for the friday action but will be there all day saturday and sunday, i was looking at number 12 myself as i thought that was a good choice between price and quality, however my other friends will be in 23 which is about 100 euro cheaper, can't really afford no. 8 this year but perhaps another time, what you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Go for 12, and if your friends what to go for 23 because it's €100 then let them (fools). You're not going to see anything at 23 - just bits of colour whizzing by.
    The prices for 12 are mid-range, while 23 is bottom - not worth it really - if they're going for 23 they may as well go for general admission (no seats).

I was at the Australian GP in 2001. Got a seat opposite the pit exit - 300 meters from the first corner. It was medium priced, which suited me but didn't really suit the wife who has no interest what so ever. It was just noisy boring stuff to her. But I thought it was great - gave me a great buzz. But next time I'll go for the best ticket I can afford as being on the pit straight you only saw the cars flashing by - not very interesting in hindsight

So go for 12 and if your mates what to go for 23 then fùck'em ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

It's got to be Ascari, you lucky ba..... ! :D:D

aahhh thanks for all the advice this is tearing me apart, my first mate now says **** it and go for 23 as well so probably going do that, (not flush with cash) refused to do one of those package deals and have booked accomadation and flights on the net going for seats 23 the whole thing is seating me back about €550 i was kinda hoping that from 23 we can see the pit entrance and also hope to see people shaping up and slipstreaming to overtake coming out of the parabolica

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

to be hounest, at 23 all you are going to see is a flash of colour, the corner is a very fast corner, but hey we are all sitting here and you are going to be there enjoying the smell the noise the buzz, so where ever you are enjoy and think of every envious bastard reading this going lucky sod.

you's are convincing me to go for 12 go on tell me its only and extra 100 euro each, i thought there might be a better atmosphere though if all my mates where there in the one spot.

and also after the race if your in 23 you'll be able to get on the track and be near the podium for the inevitable track invasion?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brainstorm

had tickets in stand 21 2 yrs ago. my first gp it was class. u could see them coming out of the cichane but not hear em till like 200m away, breaking for the corner as they pass u and then u hear em goin back out into the country. theres a stand opp 21, it aint in the map above, only thing is u got ur back to the tv screen. i agree with whats been said with stands 8, 13,15,17 but i wouldnt touch 23. they be doin about 120+mph out of the parabollica so u'll only see a blur.

also after the race if your in 23 you'll be able to get on the track and be near the podium for the inevitable track invasion?

you'll get on the track alrite, just have to jump d small fence n out through the hole in the big one., got round the parabollica, its way longer than i expected. you havent a chance of getting to the podium though. 23 is too far away even if it dont look 2 bad...

italian women.. stunning nuffin else to be said really., the beer is fosters small cans but dear was about 4 quid. u gotta get those kinda like ham & cheese sandwiches in like a burger bun, also cost a bit but worth buying about 6 :), you've got about a 2 mile walk from the gate of parco di monza to the track but its worth it cos u can hear d cars all the way. u pass under the banking of the old track and then u meet all the stalls selling stuff, hats were about 20+ quid same for t shirts.. u can get some strange stuff 2.....

brainstorm thanks very much for the first hand advice, i'm pretty much sure i'm going for twelve now as i saw some pictures of the view from the stand and i agree with what people said about the cars just flying by on 23. turn twelve was also recommended by another guy who reviewed all the stands. what do you think of 12? its quite reasonably priced at 280 i think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Ah there's a whole motorsport forum i didn't know existed thanks dave, for future reference.

yeah it seems a reasonable price for a weekend in 12....... just wondering where u saw it for 280? ive seen a price of around 320ish. i was in 21 and it cost me around 201 for the weekend 2 years ago......

12 is good in that ur opposite the tv screen. the seats arent numbered but personally i'd try and stump up a bit more for 13 or 15 if i could. you've still got a screen to look @ but ur on the right side of the track to see them enter ascari & leave again, where as with 12 they are braking and then gone round the bend. i guess ur flying ryanair to bergamo, try and get to the shopping centre across the road( i mean motorway!) from the airport if ya can, u gotta walk back the road abit to find the zebra crossing (now this is fun...long story!)... i gotta know where u booked the flights accomodation and tickets from. i wanta go 2 :)

may i suggest a video camera (a must) and a set of ear plugs (optional!)

well heres the lowdown instead of having a 21st i got money to go to a grandprix from my parents and money from the g/f and everyone else, so i can pay for it instead of having a party, but of course it was dependent on the ability of someone to come with me, friend who works fulltime (i'm still in college, but will be working for the summer) who likes formula one will come also. Was originally going to go for a package but there a rip off at €750 and i don't even know if you get a stand ticket for that. so i said i'd arrange it myself. However when i started getting prices together it was looking at about €750 and my friend started to balk just a little, as i don't think he had that figure in mind plus spending money but he's cool with it and we're going to go for twelve now i think, as i say good combination of price, quality and its hardly going to be my last grand prix.

Anywho for your information we're flying with Alitatlia. Direct Dublin to Malpensa departing friday afternoon, coming back on monday afternoon. Flights where about 200 all in and i booked though www.cheapflights.co.uk highly recommended ordered on a wednesday nite and got them on good friday morning through DHL :)

As regards to accomadation we're staying here

booked through octopus travel @ €156 euro each for the three nights
    http://www.octopustravel.com/Home.jsp;jsessionid=4PBTK35GCIEYEG1Q3E5USEA

the reason the seats are €280 instead of €336 as is seen elsewhere is thats the price direct from the race track instead of through a third party agent theres a difference of about €50 quid a ticket through all the agents quick steep if you ask me.

Come over too, some one with local knowledge we can met up :) and get drunk after kimi wins and i laugh at the tifosi

thanks for the info!. just having a quick look around on the net. found the track website. cant figure out exactly where u are staying cos the link just brings me to the homepage. :( been looking at places in milan and they cost a bomb. wheres the place for 156 for 3 nites, thats excellent. as for the flights i havent found your great deal yet!. I went on a package deal the last time and it was great to get all ur transport and stuff taken care of but it was kinda pricey and standtickets were extra!

to be honest i don't think you will get accomadation for that price now as everywhere is booking up so quickly as are the flights, i started to think i was booking late when i realised that all aer lingus' flights to malpensa were booked out then not too long after all the all the flights into linate where gone, i'd say you'd still get the flights with ryanair, cheaper then mine probably for about €150 all in via stansted.

heres the hotel again i think from another website

http://www.holidaycityeurope.com/regency-milan/

looking at some of the prices i think i got a real good deal on that hotel it seems to be four stars? hopefully everything will be fine

a list of accomadation?
    http://www.gohop.com/ie/gohophotels/hbe_listhotels.asp
    that for two people i think, not too bad about 200 each if your thining of heading with some one?

Advertisement