Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utv Internet not Irish according to Eircom.

Options
  • 16-04-2003 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

Well kinda....

If you're connected via Utv Internet try going here on the Eircom website - http://autoreg.eircom.net/

Access to the eircom.net autoregistration server is limited to Irish networks. If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact eircom.net support at helpdesk at eircom.net

Maybe Eircom don't want their customers back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Well the UTV network does terminate in a foreign country (the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland). Having said that, Eircom's ownership makes Eircom as Irish as apple pie*

Hence UTV are at least as Irish as Eircom and even more so depending on how your politics lie (especially if you're a republican with a big R)

*read "American"/German/George Soros/& Bart O'Reilly has a full UK knighthood and passport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

UTV Internet are more Irish than Eircom by quite a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭DSLinAbsentia

C'mon folks, you can tell €ircon are truly Irish as you've been continually botty-busted by them.

Though thinking about it, maybe you can't tell anymore because you're just numb to the pain - it's been going on that long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Martin-UTVi

Well the UTV network does terminate in a foreign country (the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland).
    I'll not even begin to go there, as I'm sure you're aware the great debate the above statement could cause :)

But, our ROI traffic terminates within a data centre in Clonshaugh.....Our ROI POP is based within that data centre.....We have two POP's on the island, one in Belfast and one in Dublin.

I mean, to cap it all off, UTV plc are traded on the Dublin stock exchange as well as the London stock exchange. I even drink Guinness ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭DSLinAbsentia

That's good enough for me!

Just bring bring us DSL and we'll buy your Guinness for you!

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by sceptre
    Well the UTV network does terminate in a foreign country (the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland).
    don't want to go there either-i think if they peered at inex it would be recognised as local-not sure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Martin-UTVi

i think if they peered at inex it would be recognised as local
    NTL, Worldcom and COLT peer at INEX and they are not companies that would immediately spring to mind as local.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Sour grapes on the part of eircom then!
    Actually I think I registered a spam address with eircom while dialled up with utv about 2 months ago!

Advertisement