Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubies of Eventide

Options
  • 16-04-2003 4:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Got an email today telling me I'd been accepted for this beta test. w00. So 2+hrs later and a 220mb download. I was ready to play.

Note to self; next time,read manual before playing.

I logged on and started making my character,without a clue what was going on. I managed to become a white-haired female elf whose main trait was sorcery. Fantastic.

So I get on and start running around. Uses 3megs every hour, so its grand on bandwidth. Anyway, admist much confusion, I find myself outside, in the dark. I run towards some castle, but unlike a normal person, I decide to run on into the darkness, and I see a zombie. I right click him and click the attack button,and here we go.

Or so I thought.
    I clicked like mad, I pressed all the buttons, My summoned imp stood there and stared as I took damage,and soon I was dead. Bollocks. So I quit out and log back in to find my corpse still on the ground,and I didnt know the command to get myself alive again. Then,some lad picks me up (my hero!) ,and brings me back to the castle, and revives me, and teaches me a thing or two about the game, including how to do combat.

So I approach a zombie again, with quickbar fire dart and such activated. We start our fight. I click his name at the left, press 1, then click him,then I fire dart him.

Problem is,during combat you cant move. Very annoying. So I beat him and claimed his eye's as my loot. How wawe. Then I walk on and combat initiates again. Expect theres no enemy around. I pm the lad that helps me,and he tells me I've found another bug. CTRL ALT DEL it.

So I get back in and run around killing things for a while until I come to a river. "ah,time for a swim" I think. Think is a key word in that sentance, as when I walked in (couldnt jump as its not implemented yet), I fell straight to the bottom,and began walking, and couldnt get back up. So I ran for about 20minutes until i found a ladder underwater (convenient),and walked back up.

Welcome to lost-peoplesville
    population: you

Im in a forest, no idea where to go, so I go around and kill things for a while (I really do hate the combat system),until finally,I give up and log out. and here I am.

Overall,I'd rate it 32%. Defintly not a game Im going to be using as my stop gap for swgalaxies, but hell,maybe some people will appreciate it. Graphics arent too great to look at, but not an eyesore either.

But hell,its only in beta, and its got a ways to go yet..Maybe I'll head back to it before its released as a p2p game,if I do,I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Didn't you have to sign a NDA which says your not allowed to talk in public about the game?

If its early beta I wouldn't pass judgement on the combat system just yet, I mean they haven't even put jumping into the game I'm guessing alot will change.

Advertisement