Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden Playlist

Options
  • 16-04-2003 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

what do you think the best Maiden songs are to have on a cd? if you had to make a maiden compilation what songs would you use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Phantom of the opera
    Sanctuary
    Wrathchild
    Run to the hills
    Hallowed be thy name
    Aces high
    Powerslave
    Flight of Icarus
    Be quick or be dead
    From here to eternity
    Fear of the dark
    Man on the edge
    The clansman
    Como estas amigos
    The wicker man
    Fallen Angel
    The thin line between love and hate.

That could concievably fit onto one CD. Not sure what order I'd put them in though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

you left out Iron Maiden, 2 Minutes to Midnight and virus, other than that, top notch matey. arr!

Might as well make it a 2-CD set then!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Fitting all good maiden songs on 1 CD in an impossable task matey, but heres a list of my faves :

2minutes to midnight
    Afraid to Shoot Strangers
    Blood Brothers (i can play this intro on me bass, wh00t)
    Can I play with Madness
    Dream of Mirrors
    Fear Of the Dark
    Flash of the Blade
    Ghost of Navigators
    Hallowed be thy Name
    Infinate Dreams
    Only the Good Die Young
    Powerslave (i can play this whole song on me bass, wh00t)
    Prowler
    Rime of an Ancient Mariner
    Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (its a black sabbath cover, but still, kewl song)
    7th son of a 7th son
    The Nomad
    The Number of the Beast
    The Prisoner
    The Wickerman
    Wraithchild
    Wasted Years

.............. i think thats nearly 2 CD's, but theres many other great maiden songs (bear in mind iron maiden songs tend to be long, rime of an ancient mariner is over 13mins) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

what about Clansman its a god song the only good one on rock in rio! the intro and wicker man are ok but the vocal sounds weird on the whole album makes me not like it! geting a bit pised of with maiden they have so so many compilation albums and live albums! it gets boring after awhile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gringo

ok that message from tin cool was posted by me i just did it in my lical cafe thought id loged in as me but when i hit post it posted it as him! weird!

I must disagree, I thought they sounded in top form, especially Dickenson, and The Sign Of The Cross stood out in my mind as fantastic. How and ever, each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gringo

Im not saying that they played crap or that dickensons voice was **** im saying that the sound on the album was a weird! i dont know it just sounded off thats all! like his mike was to high compared to the instruments! you know what i mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Sarky I doubt you'd fit all them on 1 cd.. I made an iron maiden compilation cd once and could only fit 11 tracks on it.. a good few of them being from your playlist :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭curadh

no prayer for the dying has a few great tunes too.

• Advertisement

Flight of Icarus is one of my all-time favourites. It just seems to all gel together into the near perfect metal song. Got No Prayer For The Dying on vinyl, but only got to listen to it about twice before we changed the hi-fi to one without a record player.:( Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

Hallowed be thy name
    Holy Smoke
    7th son of a 7th son
    2 Minutes to Midnight
    Fear of the Dark
    The Number Of The Beast
    Dream of Mirrors
    Infinite Dreams
    Wasted Years
    Sanctuary
    The Prisoner