Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Beer

• 16-04-2003 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

What's it to be then?

Well? 66 votes

Budweiser
    0% 0 votes
    Heineken
    18% 12 votes
    Carlsberg
    18% 12 votes
    Stella
    18% 12 votes
    Tiger
    10% 7 votes
    Becks
    13% 9 votes
    Tennants
    0% 0 votes
    Dutch Gold
    0% 0 votes
    Warsteiner
    7% 5 votes
    Just Guinness for me, please, I'm boring
    13% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Mine's a Tiger from the bottle, Stella on tap if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭MAC_E

I suppose when Im in my local it would be Heineken, and when im relaxing at home it would warsteiner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

I cant believe Amstel isnt on the list!?

mmmmm .... Amstel! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I proudly voted Dutch :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

"Mine's a Tiger from the bottle, Stella on tap if possible"

right on! took the words right out of my mouth!

I feel obliged to point out that if you're in a decent pub Guinness is not without its charms.

Coors lite can be tasty too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

mines a tiger also, or possibly erdinger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Gaz

mmmmmmmmmmiller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

Whatever about not having Amstel on the list, where the f**k is Miller. I enjoy Guinness as well but only in a pub that looks like it sells good pints or has a good reputation for it. Unfortunately, pints of Miller can be temperamental in pubs that don't sell much of it. You'll never drink Bud again after Miller.

Tiger from the bottle is good, as is any other 'indian' beer from bottles, esp with hot food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

or is Tiger a Thai beer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Why isn't there any "other" option on the list. I prefer a good pint of Miller, although if you get a bad pint of it(which is quite common) it can taste like vinegar which probably puts a lot of people off it. Erdinger is really nice as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Maybe the kind moderator can add a "other" option.

Me fav is The Dublin Brewing company's red beer, cant remember the name. Great flavour.

But Amstel rocks too, ahh the sweet sweet memories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Erdinger or Franziskaner. You will never want to drink another Bud, Miller, Heiniken, Harp or whatever.

God bless those Germans...

Used to like Blarney Blonde (they sell it in the franciscan well in cork, and a few other pubs in cork). Has anyone noticed it doesn't seem to taste as good lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Gordon are you talking about Killians Red? I love it!!!
    I am although a bud gal. :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Just Guinness for me, please, I'm boring

Because I drink Guinness, I'm boring?

You arsehole.
    Guinness is a lot more original than the fad beers most young boys go through a phase of drinking.

And yes, I did vote for Guinness, which, I might add, seems to be the most popular choice at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Anything German - Über Alles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

I dunno, I used to be a Smithwicks man(which is apparently what most people get to drink first when underaged, well in Louth anyway).

The thing about Smithwicks(and I have to say Guinness as well) is that the 'drunk' you get is so different to all other drinks, its very fluffy bunny and everything feels soft. I had to give it up in the end coz it gave me excema(believe it or not) and I moved to London.

Used to hate larger with a serious passion, however ever since I moved to 'hedon' London is Stella, Kronenburg and Becks on tap all the way, the largers over here are nearly always fresh crisp tasting, always ice cold and never with that ever so slight hint of dishwasher concentrate.

Anybody agree with me? Honestly I've never had a bad pint here(and boy jeasus I'm drinkin) whereas at home I'd get a bad(of different varying degree's) one every three or four pubs.

Any other Smithwicks people there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I'm getting a taste for Wieselburger, Eggenberger or Freistädter lately. They're Austrian beers which is handy cause that's where I am now. :)

Had a few pints of Carlsberg (Danish brew) last weekend. Tastes a bit better than the irish version but drink enough of them and the hangover is worse. :( ... as I also found out.

At home it's Guinness or Carlberg depending on what the guinness tastes like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

what happend to Beer from Belgium ?

Duvel
    Stella
    Kriek
    Witteke
    Hoegaarden
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Plus 300 other's :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Guinness here too. Nothing boring about that!

A few missing from your list though, I see...

Miller?

Cider?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

bulmers cider all the rest taste like paint stripper

Used to drink Bulmers but my stomach just can't handle it anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Originally posted by flangeman

The thing about Smithwicks(and I have to say Guinness as well) is that the 'drunk' you get is so different to all other drinks, its very fluffy bunny and everything feels soft. I had to give it up in the end coz it gave me excema(believe it or not) and I moved to London.

Never heard Smithwicks described like that before - 'fluffy bunny', cool one.
    And you're allergic to it? That probably explains that fluffy feeling.

When I was three beers, Smithwicks, Harp and Guinness. The 'Men' drank Guinness, the 'Boys' drank Harp, while the 'Freaks' drank Smithwichs.
    Not that they were freaks or acted strangely in any way, the people who drank Smithwicks just stood out. Even your sexuallity would be questioned.

But that was the 70's/80's, things are different now. Or are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Guinness is Boring???? Get the F....

For me it's,

On Draught: GUINNESS the one and only!!!!

In the Tin: FOSTERS....he who thinks Australia!!!

In the Bottle: TIGER.....Grrrrrr!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Beamish Red.

God, I wish I went to UCC...(divine nectar and 3 yoyos a pint.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

This poll shuold have had multiple choices, and more options.
    Out of the above list I'd drink Carlsberg, Guinness, Stella, Dutch Gold and Tiger beer depending on my mood.

What about peroni -Nastro Azzurro? Amstel? Tsing Tao and numerous other tasty beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

coors lite aint bad u know. It has the same friggin amount of alcohol as most u know. or close to it:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Oi! Miller?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by Dr. Loon

What about peroni -Nastro Azzurro? Amstel? ?

I was about to comment that there's no such thing as a bad beer, and you had to mention that muck. The only thing worse than Coors Light.

Favs include
    any Weissbier
    Duvel
    Chimay
    Budvar
    La Trappe
    Maeves
    No 1 Brew

usually down the pub it's Carlberg.

but Bulmers for the beer garden in the Sun :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

I dont like beer that much.I drink spirits,mainly vodka mainly due to their speedier inebriation rate i.e a few mouthfuls and your raving.
    That said I dont particularly like raw vodka either but what odds....;)

If Im pushed to drink beer I go for Dutch Gold-it tastes like flat 7-Up but at least it is cheap.

Advertisement