Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When "Tag Teams" meant something in the WWE/WWF

• 16-04-2003 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

I really liked the tag team division in the WWF around 1986-1991. The teams were dedicated, some had matching ring attire, and the division was very busy with many cool teams like Hart Foundation, Brain Busters, The Rockers, British Bulldogs, Demolition, Fabulous Rougeaus, Legion Of Doom, Mega Bucks, Orient Express, Power And Glory, Rhythm And Blues.

Now in 2003, the Tag Team division doesn't have the same prestige; most teams are actually just very temporary pairings of singles-division wrestlers; seems like more effort goes into promoting the Women's belt than the Tag straps!

I'm sure others think that tag-teaming has lost it's lustre in the WWE too. Whatcha think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

yeah now they just have random pairings which is crap .. NAO were probably teh last great tag team .. well amybe Dudleys (but back about 3yrs ago!) .. now its just crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

i agree... I couldnt believe they split up matt and jeff.
    I think there is a new French Tag team coming in....with wwe milking the whole France against the war to make this new French pair look really bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

The tag team belts are given to ppl that deserve singles titles and can't get them as the lower level singles titles are gone they should have split the European and Ic during the draft and kept them going as appose to giving teams like Rikshi & Rico the titles instead of giving Rikshi a singles title which he deserved at the time but they were both on RAW.

Advertisement