Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SERIOUS SUGGESTION - read and reply

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

In my last letter, I claimed that Mr. Dustaz , Esq. is a small part of a large movement that seeks to gum up what were once great ideas, and that claim is even more true now. Here's my side of the story: One of the great mysteries of modern life is, Why do we put up with him? That's the question that perplexes me the most, because he is totally wicked. We all are, to some extent, but Dustaz sets the curve. So far, this letter has merely identified the ways in which we have to start talking with one another honestly, in honest language. Now, let me shift gears and start telling you about how last summer, I attempted what I knew would be a hopeless task. I tried to convince Dustaz that the union of theory and practice, in his hands, becomes a union of pomposity and philistinism. As I expected, Dustaz was unconvinced. If you look back over some of my older letters, you'll see that I predicted that he would dispense outright misinformation and flashlight-under-the-chin ghost stories. And, as I predicted, he did. But you know, that was not a difficult prediction to make. Anyone who has bothered to learn even a little about Dustaz could have made the same prediction. I could be wrong about any or all of this, but at the moment, the above fits what I know of history, people, and current conditions. If anyone sees anything wrong or has some new facts or theories on this, I'd love to hear about them.

hey - this is easy - is this how bob and jc do it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by DeVore
    You know I've never had to actually tell anyone this before... I'm kinda blushing :)

Belle Ende, I'm one of admins here so when I say "considered your proposal" I mean just that. I considered it and wrote the points I did as the in reply.
    Legally you can click on anything you like in terms of agreements online but they dont hold water in court. If we "broadcast" it (as web is considered to be), then we are legally responsible for it. We can get away with moderating posts subsequently because it shows non-negligence but if the forum were specifically for adult things and we got people angry that their kids were able to read it, we could be in hot water.

We've sailed as close to that line as I think we want to go.

DeV.
    Am I missing something here? Why are you 'blushing'? Did you not cover your points well enuf in your previous post.

i.e.

1) You've considered her proposal

2) She obviuosly has not read the Newbie FAQ so off you go and do that

3)Welcome to boards

4)We know what drives 'us'

5)No adult areas.

What am I missing here. And why the big cut & paste job from Dustaz??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

The term get some skillz comes to mind hobert.

Originally posted by Thorbar
    The term get some skillz comes to mind hobert.
    Eh. Thorbar. I asked a simple question. Now if you don't want to give me an answer or you want to be smart about it then don't bother. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

God usually doesn't need to tell people he is God

:)
    I think that's why he is blushing

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Because, and this may make some of you laugh, I actually DONT like going around saying "well I'm the boss here, and you better get used to it!". (read this to know how I think about Boards).

Despite the fact that my role here is to be the "bastard operator from hell" I dont think you could point to many cases where I have come into a valid discussion about the community and thrown my weight around because I'm an admin.

So when someone obviously hasnt twigged that I'm a little ...um... different from other responders I get all shy and embarrassed when I have to tell them...

Ok you can all stop laughing now. Or I'll ban the lot of you. :)

DeV.

Cheers lads. The eh, penny has, well you know..... (and I should have read the Belle Ende reply a bit more carefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Belle Ende

1. Good. But I am a nut. I'm crazy in the coconut! ( gosh aren't I wacky? )

And also an Avalanches fan I'll wager.

TO AN OPTOMETRIST!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ah poor DEv

you know you could just change ur tag line to make sure that this does not happen again :)

Hi Belle

no just cos ur a newbie does not mean if you have something vaild to say it will be ignored but it will be ( and has been already) that you should learn about what a place is like before judging and the FAQ is full of fun nifty facts about Boards.ie .

have fun see you in the Threads.

P.S. Dev

Just how soon will those avatar lockouts be advailibe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Thaed
    Just how soon will those avatar lockouts be advailibe
    Yeah I wonder how much I'm going to have to pay Truckle to have exclusive rights to this Gary Larson cow.

I like Truckle though he's nice.

But a man's cow is his palace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Hmmm www.whores.ie....interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by DapperGent
    Yeah I wonder how much I'm going to have to pay Truckle to have exclusive rights to this Gary Larson cow.

I like Truckle though he's nice.

But a man's cow is his palace.

It's a sheep, Dapper. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by seamus
    It's a sheep, Dapper. :D
    LOL*

* I'm sure who this is directed at as the avatar is called "Far_Side_-_Cow_2.gif"

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by DMT
    LOL*

* I'm sure who this is directed at as the avatar is called "Far_Side_-_Cow_2.gif"

Ah well then he's forgiven for making the mistake. Because it actually is a Gary Larson sheep, not a cow. :)
    Far_Side_-_Sheep.gif
    Sheep

Far_Side_-_Cow.gif
    Cow

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

Originally posted by amp
    And also an Avalanches fan I'll wager.

TO AN OPTOMETRIST!

Pour juice on your chin! It's a pity that it is only online that I encounter people who like artists I like. Most of my friends are content to think Sugarbabes/Avril/Top30 are the pinnacle of contemporary music! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

<
    This is a cow, it practically screams bovine.

It's the cowiest avatar in Cow Town.

Truckle help me out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Always assumed it was a cow.

Not being from the city originally, I have actually seen cows. Looks like a cow to me.

...Sugarbabes..

ROUND ROUND ROUND ROUND ROUND ROUND!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

...Sugarbabes...

its Sugababes fs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Dustaz while I didn't read all of your post I did read a rather large chunk of it.

I have found the while you stick to the point well and the descriptive text is marvellous, I did ,however, notice that portions of the text in a gramatical sense were some what lacking.

I understand from someone like me that can read if not write particularly well this might seem biggoted, however, I just wanted to point this out due to the fact that I was wondering how you managed to make your post so long. Now I know.

Ninja:ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Originally posted by [-UK-]Wolf
    Dustaz while I didn't read all of your post I did read a rather large chunk of it.
    Originally posted by Dustaz

...Sugarbabes...
    its Sugababes fs

[-UK-]Wolf, I know Dusty can be a pedantic auld fart at the best of times, but even you could have stretched to three words...

:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does boards have a "cease and desist" card? If so please someone, play it NOW! :ninja: (wtf does ninja mean anyway...)

Mike.

ROUND! ROUND! ROUND! ROUND! ROUND! TBH!

Advertisement