Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this spec good enough for BF1942

Options
  • 16-04-2003 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Lads thinking of getting this (as I am a Medal of Honour addict!) but I wondering if my current spec will be up to much.

Athlon 1Ghz oced to 1.2
    512MB
    32MB Geforce2 card

What do you think ? Won't be upgrading for another 6 months at least.

Gandalf.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Unfortunately the graphics card isnt much cop im afraid, but the rest is definitely up to scratch

cause its what i have :D

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK then what middle of the road card would be good for this. Can afford up to €70-€80 next month.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

aren't the GF3 knocking around cheap now with the GF4 n GFfx out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Heya Gandalf,

A couple of my mates have gotton Gainward 128meg GeForce3 cards offa komplett @ around the 90/100 euro mark. bf runs pretty well on their machines.

Luc

Hiya Luc,

I assume its this one your talking about http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=19723&t=278&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=24&GrpID=1&s=pl . If so I'll buy it next month.

I'll buy BF1942 over the weekend and try it with my Geforce 2 GTS. Looking foward to trying this, "Karl Hungus" will move from Medal of Honor to BF1942 if successful :p

By the way whats the patch count to get up and running online (are we talking about 100's of MB's here !!)

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Should be ok at 800 x 600 with lowish detail settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

v1.31 is the latest.

afaik, you can go straight to v1.31 no matter what version you have.

47MB's.

somebody should have it on CD for you Gandalf :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd say you could get a Decent second-hand graphics card no problem at all... I got a lovely ATI Radeon 8500 128meg last year, and its extremely good at everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The GF2 GTS might be a little bit short on RAM byt it should be able to handle BF1942 with a decent amount of the eye candy turned off.

My system (XP1600[1.4Ghz], 768 DDR, GF2Ti 64Mb) isn't a hell of a lot more powerful and I can play BF1942 grand at reasonable settings. If you switched off a few bits of eye candy it should run grand.

That said a Gfx Card upgrade will make things look a lot nicer ;)

Well I took the jump and got this over the weekend. After downloading the patch (jesus 48MB's) and updating my drivers it runs a dream on Medium settings.

I've played a few times online but as I only have a 64K ISDN connection I'm getting raped by all the LPB's on the UK servers.

Enjoying it so far and can see how its so addictive, shame I can't fly the planes to save my life.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Get a joystick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

joystick is your only man gandalf.....

and if you dont already have the mod then get Desert Combat. its an alpha release .3N at the moment but its ane xtremly stable alpha release...There is no mod like it...better than the game itself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

have to agree with washout desert combat is teh win
    they took a great game and made it 10 times better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Washout
    and if you dont already have the mod then get Desert Combat. its an alpha release .3N at the moment but its ane xtremly stable alpha release...There is no mod like it...better than the game itself :)
    Agreed, this mod is only in alpha 3 and it has more play time than BF itself if i remember correctly :)

ps: joysticks are for the weak, mouse and keyboard does it all! ;)

Advertisement