Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegal material.

Options
  • 16-04-2003 8:21pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Inspired by a thread by impactplayer and because broadband users have the opportunity to download more copyright material easier please take part in the following poll.

How much of the data on your computer is downloaded illegally (ie Kazaa/ftp's/sharing 35 votes

none (im a upstanding member of society / it a work computer)
    0% 0 votes
    25% or less, a few mp3's / movies here maybe by accident !! not !
    8% 3 votes
    25% - 75% I run kazaa all day on my super speed broadband connection
    40% 14 votes
    >90% Im just waiting to be arrested.
    51% 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

well when i *had* and soon to have (hopefully with Netsource)
    i downloaded 75% of the time *

Shame, i hadnt really used the net as much before i got it (only 233mhz pc til that xmas before then upped to 1gig) so was only beginning to start to use it again after about a years drought.

I had the eircom trial and scammed them *BLIND* after a few months, but the HD size restricted me (only 10gig) so i had to burn most things onto CD.

From about April (started eircom trial in febuary) Downloading all day and night (kazza and a private 1337 leeching network i became a member of) and straight onto Cd :)

Trial ended last november and back to 56k nolimits :(

Last Friday i was approved by eircom for dsl, then on sunday i was approved by esat. I rang Netsource (VIA) yesterday and they got back to me today. Only gave them my eircom account number today and hes getting back to me tommorrow to see whether i can get it.
    Then....
    Then.......
    200 gig hard drive... all day all night....
    mmmmmm....

* other 25% spent gaming, browsing and idleing :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

123 views and 1 reply. As jeremy paxman would say "Oh come off it now"
    They obviously think this is a ploy to record all ip's of people who admit to downloading illegal material. Or is it !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

only have access to a pc in work

doh! here comes my boss...

Advertisement