Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Mirrors

Options
  • 16-04-2003 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Has anyone here had any experience with these? It's supposedly a form of communication between spirits and demons(but mostly used for the latter). I found an incantaion for one once; very professional site, looked safe enough only it started going on about Father Satn and other somewhat evil stuff. Anyway, it involved invoking Ashoroth, one of the most powerful demons of the original 72 fallen angels cast out of heaven with Lucifer. I knew that in summoning he is extremely dangerous, appearing as a dragon, or an angel with a viper in his left hand. Apparently you need a magic ring to protect yourself and do not inhale his breath. Honest! It's in The Lesser Key of Solomon .
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

From what I've read the general rule in summoning is:
    If you don't know what you're doing - don't do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Never invite any thing into ur life that you would not like as a house guest or to meet your family.

Reading is one thing but doing any of that stuff may leave you open to a lot of negative engeries. just cas you read about making home made sombs doesnt mean you do it :)

Always look be fore you leap, think before you speack and dont meddle in stuff you dont know enough about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I have no experience with demons (obviously, as I do not believe in them), but I have some experience with black mirrors for fortune telling. There are two types of black mirrors: either highly polished slate, which is quite common in Wiccan circles and used for scrying (like using a crystal ball), or you can take a proper mirror and take the silver coating off; never tried this myself but a few of my firneds did and it seems to work ok. If you are good with a cyrstal ball, I suspect you can get good results for fortune telling with a black mirror as well; personally, I am more of a tarot- and-tealeaves sort of gal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

Not doubting ur own beliefs, but tarot was originally a form of demonomancy, and any form of telling the future still is inadvertantly. Thnx for the info, im not sure I'll try it. Just out of curiousity, could u ask ur friends if they see clouds at first. Apparently it's a universal sight, and not even occult experts are exactly sure why. I just want to find out if it's true or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Originally posted by SHAMAN
    tarot was originally a form of demonomancy, and any form of telling the future still is inadvertantly.

First up anything you hear about what the tarot was "originally" should be taken with a large grain of salt. The early history of the tarot is pretty obscure, and whether it was of Romany, Jewish, Egyptian or other origin is vague, and whether it was originally of occult, spiritual, educational or entertainment (á la modern playing cards) use is vaguer still.

As for any form of telling the future being demonomancy that's a statement your going to have to back-up with an explanation of exactly what you mean, rather than just throw around. I can think of ways that you could use tarot in conjunction with demonomancy, but know of nothing that would make that automatic with the use of the Tarot, as exciting as that may be.

I think by "Ashoroth" you mean "Ashtaroth", though Ashoroth could be a reference to Lilith. Ashtaroth matches your description and is of relevance to demonomancy used to predict the future. Ashtaroth appears to be a medieval male version of Ashtareth (those medieval magicians liked it to be a male-only club, even as far as who they invoked). Ashtareth in turn is a female pre-Judaic Israelite goddess, a consort of Baal. Astarte may have been a later form.

When the worship of Jehova became the predominate religion amongst the Israelites Baal and Ashtareth began getting a lot worse press than they had before. In the end they became general "baddies" and predecessors of all "oooh scary" characters in the mythologies of the region.

Anyway, I wouldn't be too hasty to invite Ashtaroth over for tea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

Exactly. Thnx.

Advertisement